Monday, May 12, 2008

Ammon & Angela



The last two months have flown by for the Gilbert family!

On April 10 we celebrated Finn's half birthday, complete with half of a birthday cake! And Finn started eating solid food. He isn't that into it but does seem to like sweet potatoes and apples the best. Finn also started swim lessons. Every Sunday afternoon Finn and Ammon hit the pool. He is the youngest baby in the class but really seems to enjoy splashing around in the water.

It seems like Finn is growing by the minute and everyday he learns new tricks. He is so close to crawling! He has the motions down, but he is still learning how to put it all together. This morning, I left him in the room on his tummy and when I came back a minute later he was sitting up! We haven't actually seen him do it, but apparently he can!

In April, the three of us went to Boise for a weekend away. The weather was beautiful and warm and a much needed break from the months of cold and gray we have had here in Seattle. Finn did great on the plane and loved all of the attention from his cousins. We had a wonderful time visiting the Yorgason's and loved looking at houses and neighborhoods all over Boise. We are seriously considering a move to Boise and the trip made our thoughts more real.

At the end of April, Finn and I met Jennifer at Sea-Tac and headed back to Boise for Sister's weekend. What fun!! I'm sure many of you will write about it, so I'll share our highlights. It was great for Finn to spend time with his grandma. Jennifer is such a loving grandma (and mom and mother-in-law,) we are all so lucky! I enjoyed meeting Wendy and Benjamin and was thankful that Finn had a playmate. I had fun sharing the 'coolness' of Babylegs and am glad that I started a new trend with the Lindgrens. And of course playing games, girl talk and great food made the entire weekend a blast. Oh and how can I forget, the amazing backrub from the wonderful Becky Tomlinson?? It was amazing and sorely needed! I just had such a wonderful time catching up with everyone. I am so proud to be apart of your family, you all make me feel so welcome and I enjoy every chance we get to spend with you!!

We had a nice Mother's Day; Ammon changed all of the diapers, did the dishes and gave me a nice framed picture of Finn and I. I also got a coupon for a date night, so I'll be looking forward to that! Other than those major events, life has been pretty normal. Ammon has about a month left in his technical writing program. We are looking forward to the end. He definitely has a case of senioritis! I am still working part-time and during the day Finn and I spend time with our Mom and Baby group, which I organize. We are looking forward to the summer and hoping for some nice weather.

Angela

2 comments:

Wendy said...

What a cute idea for a half birthday. I've never seen that before. You need to go into professional party planning!

Dorothy said...

I'm happy you're moving to Boise (someday)!!!