Monday, May 12, 2008

Grandma Martha

The highlight since our last letter was Sister's Week... For my part, I am the official historian thereof.

Reba and I left Wednesday @ 6 pm in Emily's van ...her being the driver. It was a pleasant drive...I watched two DVD's and presto I was at Lucy's. Jennifer, Angela and Finn were first to arrive; then Priscilla. She and I shared sleeping quarters... I was informed that I talk in my sleep as well as a moderate snore.

The following day Dorothy and girls arrived. Wendy got there safely as well with Benjamin. Lucy was an ideal host... planned great meals.

Our activites consisted of Garage Sales, making knee socks for toddlers, reading, painting toe nails, playing games and, of course, chatting into the wee hours of the morning (not me).

It was good to get away and be with the girls. Kind of a low when it was over... We returned with Emily after Church Sunday and here we are as if it was long ago.

Whatever happened prior to sister's week is a blur to this 82 year old memory.

I did have a visit with Tom and Marci... and Trent... Also Zachary came by and introduced us (Heather and I) to Rebecca, his fiance. Dorothy and girls and I went to a woman's meeting in which we listened to Carole Makita at our Stake House... afterwards we had a nice lunch and then over to my house for a further visit ... getting to know Nicole a little more. She is Daniel's friend.

Janet came over one time and brought me Ticket to Ride (German version)... We had fun playing... Later Rick told me how to use the train trips.

Now before I lose what I've written... I'm closing ... Love to all of you, I surely am blessed with the folks in my extended families... thank you for your kindness, Grandma, Gr. Mom and to all the Mothers... Happy Day.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

To me you still look like you did at 40 -- I remember you had to sleep on your nose when you got your "hair done"...and you did for a week so that your hair would stay in place.