Hey family, I figured that if I got a jump-start on my lingo entry, I wouldn't miss it this time around, so I am writing this on Friday, rather than 11:55 Sunday evening.
I think the biggest news right now is that I am finally a college graduate with an associate’s degree in art. Took long enough. Unfortunately, I'm far from being completely finished, I have two solid years before I finally get my bachelors degree and a bit more if I go for a bachelor of fine arts. Oh well, all in good time. I decided that this summer I will sadly be taking a break from theater and spend the time working, paying off debts, and beefing up my art portfolio so that I can apply for a job in my field (what a novel idea). Well, so far I have spent my break longboarding, jogging, hanging out with girls, increasing my movie collection, playing video games that I never had time for during school, and doing some art. I guess it's not exactly getting a second job and paying off debts, but it sounds like a lot more fun. I do have some stuff posted on my blog, go check it out! http://dtomlinson.blogspot.com/ it's still in the early stages right now, I have more work coming and hopefully the quality of work progresses as well.
I have recently realized that I am moving more and more into this crazy digital age, I have a laptop, an iPod (which I can hardly live without), more media (CDs, DVDs, and Video games) than anyone I know, and way more than any one person should have, two E-mail addresses (which I check regularly), a website which I never use, a blog (which I recently began updating again), a deviant art page (which I need to update), a YouTube account (on which I hope to begin posting in the next few weeks) and a facebook profile. What a cool time to live! Speaking of facebook, it's been fun to see some family members popping up on there!
Recently I discovered that one of my room-mates, like me, has hidden cooking talent. So we have been swapping cooking tips, it's been fun, we started taking turns making meals nothing official, just inviting each other to join in if one of us happens to be cooking. It's fun to meet people who get excited over new kitchen gadgets, and high quality cookware like I do. It’s kind of nerdy. I have good roommates. I have also recently discovered the secret to amazing blueberry pancakes, are you ready? You add fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries to your ordinary pancake mix... and that's it. The results? Spectacular. This is probably common knowledge to most of you, but I was really excited when I tried this for the first time and it turned out great.
I guess that's all from me, I'm sure I will remember something else exciting I wanted to share, but I can't think of anything else. I hope everyone has an amazingly, productive and fun summer!
-Daniel
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So you're in a relationship huh? What's her name?
Post a Comment