.jpg)
Travis -- age 3
Hi Family,
Happy Mother’s Day! I can’t believe it’s already been a week since Sisters weekend ended. It was so nice to see everyone again. Thanks Lucy for being such a great host! The beds were comfy, the food was good, the games were fun! Making baby legs was a highlight. Thanks to Angela for the idea and to Dorothy and Jennifer for the sewing. I brought them to work this week and everyone loved them. Many of my co-workers sew, and we’re going to crank some out for our preemies that tend to get cold. We think it will work better than putting on their tee-shirts upside down, which is what we’re doing now. Anyway, thanks to cute Finn and Benjamin for being our models. My other favorite part about sisters’ weekend was sitting around the campfire and roasting chocolate marshmallows -- my new favorite treat! We also spent some time looking through houses and found Angela’s dream house. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it will still be available next year when you’re ready to buy! By the way, I finished the book Escape by Carolyn Jessop who escaped the FLDS with her eight children. We had a few discussions about it while I was there. Priscilla said she actually was able to get a copy from the library, and she’s part way through it now as well. It’s a book that makes you really mad, but also grateful to not be apart of that crazy cult. If you get a chance to read it, I highly recommend it.
My family and I also spent Easter weekend in Boise with Lucy and her family. We really enjoyed getting together and playing and teasing Casey about his hair. Lucy pretended to give him a little trim. Casey completely wigged out when she showed him the little chunk of hair that supposedly was now gone from his head (actually it was from a wig, but the perfect match to his own hair color.) Lucy got the aftermath on video, it was pretty hilarious. We enjoyed the neighborhood egg hunt, swimming, and the new trampoline as well. Thanks again to Lucy and Dave for having us there for Easter.
My baby Travis turned 3 years old on April 7. He enjoyed choosing his birthday cake with Lightening McQueen from Cars on the top, and he sat through all of Horton Hears a Who. I’m sending pictures that he had taken a couple of weeks ago.
John finally decided it was time to get his inguinal hernia repaired. He had surgery here at Alta View on April 9. Everything went well, but he was pretty sore. He’s also pretty stubborn and went back to work 5 days later, definitely over doing it some days, but he’s much better now. He was a little stressed at the end of the month when he had to appear in court for his patient. He had to explain to the jury, and basically give a presentation on soft tissue injury and why his patient needed chiropractic care. He must have done a good job, because she won her case. John found out later that it was only the third time her lawyer had ever been to court, and it was the first time the other lawyer had ever lost a case of this nature.
Alyssa had her spring showcase with Adventure preschool at Wheeler Farm where we enjoyed watching her dance and sing. We also went to Kindergarten orientation at Canyon View. She’s so excited to start school in the Fall.
My Birthday was on Wednesday. I went to speech therapy with Travis. This weeks assignment is animal sounds with their accompanying sign. Then, we went to Costco where I picked up a copy of Stephanie Meyer’s new book Host. She’s the one that wrote the Twilight series that I read last year. I figured since I had read Escape so fast I was ready for another one. It’s been a little weird getting into it, but it’s getting good. After Costco we went to eat at Zupas in Draper. I was craving their Nuts about Berries salad. Then, we did a little clothes shopping at Kohls. After that it was time to pick up the kids at school and to go to Cub Scouts with Mitch. Later that night, Mom and Heather watched the kids while John and I went to Porcupine Grille with some friends for dinner.
So, that was how my birthday went not too bad after all.
I watched the news coverage all afternoon of David Archuleta in town with American Idol. You’ll all have to tune in next Tuesday night.
Well, Happy Mother’s Day ! Thanks Mom for having me and for being a great Mom!
Love, Emily, John, Casey, Mitch, Alyssa, and Travis
Hi Family,
Happy Mother’s Day! I can’t believe it’s already been a week since Sisters weekend ended. It was so nice to see everyone again. Thanks Lucy for being such a great host! The beds were comfy, the food was good, the games were fun! Making baby legs was a highlight. Thanks to Angela for the idea and to Dorothy and Jennifer for the sewing. I brought them to work this week and everyone loved them. Many of my co-workers sew, and we’re going to crank some out for our preemies that tend to get cold. We think it will work better than putting on their tee-shirts upside down, which is what we’re doing now. Anyway, thanks to cute Finn and Benjamin for being our models. My other favorite part about sisters’ weekend was sitting around the campfire and roasting chocolate marshmallows -- my new favorite treat! We also spent some time looking through houses and found Angela’s dream house. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it will still be available next year when you’re ready to buy! By the way, I finished the book Escape by Carolyn Jessop who escaped the FLDS with her eight children. We had a few discussions about it while I was there. Priscilla said she actually was able to get a copy from the library, and she’s part way through it now as well. It’s a book that makes you really mad, but also grateful to not be apart of that crazy cult. If you get a chance to read it, I highly recommend it.
My family and I also spent Easter weekend in Boise with Lucy and her family. We really enjoyed getting together and playing and teasing Casey about his hair. Lucy pretended to give him a little trim. Casey completely wigged out when she showed him the little chunk of hair that supposedly was now gone from his head (actually it was from a wig, but the perfect match to his own hair color.) Lucy got the aftermath on video, it was pretty hilarious. We enjoyed the neighborhood egg hunt, swimming, and the new trampoline as well. Thanks again to Lucy and Dave for having us there for Easter.
My baby Travis turned 3 years old on April 7. He enjoyed choosing his birthday cake with Lightening McQueen from Cars on the top, and he sat through all of Horton Hears a Who. I’m sending pictures that he had taken a couple of weeks ago.
John finally decided it was time to get his inguinal hernia repaired. He had surgery here at Alta View on April 9. Everything went well, but he was pretty sore. He’s also pretty stubborn and went back to work 5 days later, definitely over doing it some days, but he’s much better now. He was a little stressed at the end of the month when he had to appear in court for his patient. He had to explain to the jury, and basically give a presentation on soft tissue injury and why his patient needed chiropractic care. He must have done a good job, because she won her case. John found out later that it was only the third time her lawyer had ever been to court, and it was the first time the other lawyer had ever lost a case of this nature.
Alyssa had her spring showcase with Adventure preschool at Wheeler Farm where we enjoyed watching her dance and sing. We also went to Kindergarten orientation at Canyon View. She’s so excited to start school in the Fall.
My Birthday was on Wednesday. I went to speech therapy with Travis. This weeks assignment is animal sounds with their accompanying sign. Then, we went to Costco where I picked up a copy of Stephanie Meyer’s new book Host. She’s the one that wrote the Twilight series that I read last year. I figured since I had read Escape so fast I was ready for another one. It’s been a little weird getting into it, but it’s getting good. After Costco we went to eat at Zupas in Draper. I was craving their Nuts about Berries salad. Then, we did a little clothes shopping at Kohls. After that it was time to pick up the kids at school and to go to Cub Scouts with Mitch. Later that night, Mom and Heather watched the kids while John and I went to Porcupine Grille with some friends for dinner.
So, that was how my birthday went not too bad after all.
I watched the news coverage all afternoon of David Archuleta in town with American Idol. You’ll all have to tune in next Tuesday night.
Well, Happy Mother’s Day ! Thanks Mom for having me and for being a great Mom!
Love, Emily, John, Casey, Mitch, Alyssa, and Travis
3 comments:
Hey Emilie! What a fun birthday! It was so great to see you and hang out with you. Too bad those weekends don't happen more often. Cool idea on putting those baby legs on preemies in the nursery. Glad that lawyer won the case.
Sorry Emily--I know how to spell your name, I promise!
Remember I want to borrow that book. You know you really do look like mom when she was 40!
Post a Comment