Dear Family,
Hope you all enjoyed your mother’s day as I did. It is especially great to have a first grader, they make some of the most precious cards. I’m glad mother’s day is on Sunday. I love to see and hear children sing to me. This year we each received a green houseplant to bring home.
Here is update on the family:
James:… is driving... with his learner's permit. He has learned both the standard and automatic and has done a fair amount of night time driving. He just played Demetrius in Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream with his high school. The school also held it's first annual Screen Wars competition. The movie had to be under five minutes. James made a movie about an alien this past year, but longer than five minutes so he entered one he did for his friend Dave during his campaign running as Spirit Leader for the school. He was awarded best comedy. At the end of the showing they allowed the audience to vote for the people's choice, or most popular... and James won that too. So he received a trophy and his friend Dave went home with one too. Currently he is up to making yet another movie with some talented friends. One just received a mission call to Brazil . I understand there are 39 Brazilian Missions now. James has been taking a lifeguard course, maybe he will get to be a lifeguard at the pool this summer.
Hyrum: …cleaned his room yesterday! He gave a lot of toys away to his younger brothers, says he hasn’t played with them in over a year. Guess things are changing. He works hard and likes to have fun. He rant the mile on the junior high track team. It is amazing to me because I could never run a mile in under 10 minutes and he runs them in less than 7. He continues to get A+'s in school except for his algebra challenge this year. Krista also put him on her cell phone plan. He uses this quite a bit to communicate with friends (texting mostly) and I like being able to know where he's at.
Bryan: …earned his arrow of light and religious square knot just before crossing over into Boy Scouts. Actually this hasn’t happened yet because they decided to postpone it to May’s pack meeting since I was on my way to Boise for the last pack meeting, April 30th. He has had some good scout leaders (and it doesn’t always have to be me). Bryan may be getting glasses soon and we think he may be lactose intolerant.
Isaiah: …can’t believe 1st grade is nearly over. Isaiah is a terrific reader and mathematician. Spelling however makes no sense to him (me either) He had no problem having Riley join him as a roommate.
Riley: … talks your ear off. The talking is great, the repetition drives us nuts. He really likes to go to the park. We discovered yesterday that he prefers to stay dry as the other boys were running through the sprinklers.
Samantha: …her eyes melt your heart. She has been caught saying just a few words. She is much steadier on her feet now. She often challenges our cat.
Can’t believe just two weeks of school left and Summer is here!
Had a great time in Boise, glad I was able to go. So when are you all moving to Boise ? The baby legs were a cute project. I was more into Emily’s book, Escape, by Carolyn Jessop and just finished reading it after checking it out at my local library. I hear I missed most of the fun Saturday night. Hey, and I missed the carrot juice.
Lucy, thank you for hosting and, by the way, Happy Birthday.
Love, Priscilla
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
James is driving??!! Wow. Stay clear of Arizona. Haha.Congrats on your movie making.
Post a Comment