Summer is nearly here! I only have a couple more weeks of regular school. Then I'll start teaching summer school twice a week. (a little extra added to my paycheck is a good thing...)
I should have a busy summer this year! I'll be volunteering at This is the Place Pioneer Heritage Park once a week - wearing pioneer clothes and learning how to card wool and use a spinning wheel. I think it'll be kind of fun. I just auditioned for a show in the Alpine area. I'll find out by the end of the week if that will be added to my summer or not. (the problem is: there's so much talent in this area, that I'm not needed as much as I was at the Old Barn Theater. Hopefully there's a shortage of adults auditioning, and they need me to balance out all those teenagers...) Between summer school, the Pioneer Park, hopefully the show, and a family reunion, this will be a fun summer!
I just received a new calling at church, to be the Senior Primary chorister. Today was my first day, and boy was I nervous! But, those older kids aren't as scary as I thought. Thank goodness! I will miss teaching my 7-8 year old class, though. They were working on earning a class party (fill the 'reverence jar' by adding gems when they participate, sit quietly, etc) They were so excited about earning that party, that I will probably have one anyway, in a couple weeks.
Heather
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment