
Hello Family,
Happy Spring-it actually seems like March we have been so windy and we even see people out flying kites. The weekend all of you ladies were here was absolutely weather perfect. Where can you live with year round weather like that?
I seem to be recruiting and I am hoping within a few years I actually have my side of the family living here. In March we had three weekends in a row of visitors that made for some fun memories. Since we didn’t end up going anywhere for spring break we bought a trampoline. My kids have not missed a day of jumping on it since then. Even in cold, wind and rain. The trampoline was long overdue. Rachel used it to work on tumbling skills.
Last week Rachel spent every night at the cheerleading tryout clinic for her high school next year. After the official audition on Friday she made it on the freshman cheerleading squad at Rocky Mountain high school. This is a brand new school opening in the fall. She is very excited and I am very tired just thinking about it. She will practice three nights a week and cheer year round! She is a flyer, which means she is the girl they throw in the air. Yes I am nervous. But trying to be very supportive of something she really wants to do. Her coach expects every girl to do a back handspring and the seniors have to do back tucks or they don’t even make the squad. This is not at all a popularity thing like it was when I was in high school. Her coach has taken state championships for thee years and plans on doing it again. She is very competitive.
Nathan has finished up his flag football season and really loves his scouting program. He is the den chief for the WeBeLos I am over and so we work together. This is really fun for both of us. Nathan was so excited for Rachel to make the cheer squad that he was willing to give her a hug. (Typical 11 year old not interested in hugging his sisters). When I took the picture I told them how my parents always took a picture of Emily and I at Christmas hugging because that is the only time it usually happened. Now I like to hug her whenever I can.
When Emily and her family came to see us for Easter, Casey had long hair that Emily was giving him a hard time about. In the picture I acted as if I was cutting his hair and he didn’t know he was giving me a thumbs up for that. I showed him the picture and then a 6 inch swatch of hair from a wig we have that matches his hair color exact. He just about died, so did I from laughing so hard. Of course I have that all on video so at the next family reunion I will show anyone who is interested. Thanks again Casey for the entertainment. You’re a good kid and Rachel is excited to be at EFY with you for a week.
Kristen keeps loosing teeth. Sometimes we can’t understand her because her front teeth are gone. She is a fun and very happy 7 year old. I get more pictures drawn for me than anyone. Especially today on Mother’s Day.
Happy Mother’s Day to all of you nurturing females. I was given a small package of chocolate kisses at Church. I didn’t even share them.
Happy Spring-it actually seems like March we have been so windy and we even see people out flying kites. The weekend all of you ladies were here was absolutely weather perfect. Where can you live with year round weather like that?
I seem to be recruiting and I am hoping within a few years I actually have my side of the family living here. In March we had three weekends in a row of visitors that made for some fun memories. Since we didn’t end up going anywhere for spring break we bought a trampoline. My kids have not missed a day of jumping on it since then. Even in cold, wind and rain. The trampoline was long overdue. Rachel used it to work on tumbling skills.
Last week Rachel spent every night at the cheerleading tryout clinic for her high school next year. After the official audition on Friday she made it on the freshman cheerleading squad at Rocky Mountain high school. This is a brand new school opening in the fall. She is very excited and I am very tired just thinking about it. She will practice three nights a week and cheer year round! She is a flyer, which means she is the girl they throw in the air. Yes I am nervous. But trying to be very supportive of something she really wants to do. Her coach expects every girl to do a back handspring and the seniors have to do back tucks or they don’t even make the squad. This is not at all a popularity thing like it was when I was in high school. Her coach has taken state championships for thee years and plans on doing it again. She is very competitive.
Nathan has finished up his flag football season and really loves his scouting program. He is the den chief for the WeBeLos I am over and so we work together. This is really fun for both of us. Nathan was so excited for Rachel to make the cheer squad that he was willing to give her a hug. (Typical 11 year old not interested in hugging his sisters). When I took the picture I told them how my parents always took a picture of Emily and I at Christmas hugging because that is the only time it usually happened. Now I like to hug her whenever I can.
When Emily and her family came to see us for Easter, Casey had long hair that Emily was giving him a hard time about. In the picture I acted as if I was cutting his hair and he didn’t know he was giving me a thumbs up for that. I showed him the picture and then a 6 inch swatch of hair from a wig we have that matches his hair color exact. He just about died, so did I from laughing so hard. Of course I have that all on video so at the next family reunion I will show anyone who is interested. Thanks again Casey for the entertainment. You’re a good kid and Rachel is excited to be at EFY with you for a week.
Kristen keeps loosing teeth. Sometimes we can’t understand her because her front teeth are gone. She is a fun and very happy 7 year old. I get more pictures drawn for me than anyone. Especially today on Mother’s Day.
Happy Mother’s Day to all of you nurturing females. I was given a small package of chocolate kisses at Church. I didn’t even share them.
I have really enjoyed all my friends who keep adding me to facebook. My favorite is the scrabulous game I have been playing with some of you. Anyone else want to play? Congratulations Zac on your engagement. We hope the celebrations all go smoothly. Is anyone going to Nauvoo to see April? I would love to hear about it. It was really great to see many of you these last few months. Remember you are always welcome at my house.
Love, Lucy
1 comment:
It is fun playing scrabble! So proud of miss cheerleader Rachel -- hopefully we'll be there sooner rather than later, so we can watch her fly through the air...
Post a Comment