Sunday, March 9, 2008

Emily & John

Hi Family,
It's a good thing Jennifer calls me and reminds me to write in the Lingo. I always enjoy hearing from everyone -- just hard to come up with things to write sometimes. Anyway, things here are going pretty well at the Andersons. We are enjoying American Idol once again. It is now down to the final twelve, and David Archuletta ( from Utah_-- Murray High) is doing great. He's our favorite male singer, and Brooke White is our favorite female singer. I keep saying we. It's the kids and I that watch, John's not usually a fan. I always have Casey tape it for me (because I don't have TiVo yet) on the nights I have to work, or I'll catch the highlights on- line. You should all check it out.

The weather today was lovely and sunny, which gives me a little bit of spring fever. The kids are out of school in a couple of weeks for spring recess over Easter weekend, so now we're looking to go somewhere fun. Angela sugested Seattle tonight, so how about a stop in Boise Lucy, and we can all go up together?

Overall, we've had a pretty heavy snow year, even our kids are sick of it. In fact back in January, I went with my friend and Realtor Stacey out looking at houses. We went to a house that was vacant, and nobody had shoveled in front of it. I was holding Travis in my arms and down we went after missing the last step. Unfortunately, Travis broke our fall with his head hitting the back of it on the edge of the concrete landing. After 5 staples and two pediatrician visits later, he is doing rather well. Good thing his long golden locks can cover up his lovely pink scar. I can't believe our little guy will be three years old next month.

In other news, Mitch had his Pinewood Derby and did quite well. He and John patterned their car from a winning cousin's, and Mitch painted some pretty cool flames on his shiny red racer. He won "Best Paint Job." Mitch has also tried out wrestling over the last few weeks, and has had some fun doing that also.

Alyssa takes a tap/ballet class, and they are practicing for their big recital "Aladdin" at Kingsbury Hall in June. Should be really cute. We're going on a girls night out next Saturday to see Disney's Princesses on Ice.

Casey is becoming my long haired hippy teenager, with a definitely changing voice, who has started back into karate, after deciding wrestling wasn't for him. He is looking forward to EFY this summer with Rachel. I told him his hair had to go before that takes place, and he's already having withdrawls.

Happy Easter everyone! Looking forward to seeing all you ladies in May.

Love, Emily

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Tell Casey long hair went away in the 70s! Hahaha -- send me a pic of his do. I'm sure he'll be looking forward to a summer cut.