Monday, March 15, 2010

Lucy


Hello Family!
Congratulations Marcus on your mission call. We are excited for you.
What can I say -- we had a baby! Garrett Ramon Yorgason was born almost 4 weeks ago. We are having so much fun. Everyday I look at him and feel our family has been missing him and we are glad he finally chose to come. Everyone fights to hold him and change him and be with him. I get him from 8am to 3pm because the kids are at school and I find I am anxious for Monday morning because I don't get to hold him as much on the week-ends.
Delivery went smoothly and I feel great. The first few days were a little emotional for us because we had to admit him back in the hospital for dehydration and high billiruben levels. They tried for 4 hours to find a vein to give him and he was so dehydrated they just couldn't find one larger than the size of a thread. Our pediatrician opted to just feed him frequently and with a bottle through the night. By morning his billiruben levels had gone down and he was appearing much less dehydrated. Plenty of wet diapers. Funny they had to weigh every diaper and take note of every ounce that he ate. He was in a phototherapy bed. It happened to be an "Olympic" brand name so we don't our kids this is what our Olympian was doing. :) We brought him home the next day and he is now a 8lb 10 oz baby. Changing every day and still with his strawberry blonde hair. His eyes appear to be turning blue. He is more Lindgren than our other three children.
Priscilla said his name is Irish and we have a few Garretts in our family history. That's a good thing because he has totally blonde eyebrows and strawberry hair.
Rachel officially has her drivers license and it has been of great benefit to me because I have sent her to the store for things I need and I don't have to go out with this baby. I love it. Her Cheer squad took first place in there last competition.
Nathan has earned his life scout now and is working on his Eagle. I used to say it is because he is the only boy who gets all of Dads encouragement and help. Now we have another boy. I hope he follows his brother's example. I have a feeling Nathan will be a strong influence on this kid.
Kristen is taking private art lessons and I included a picture of a rose she painted. This is from a picture I took of my favorite rose bush in our front yard.
Tulips are coming up and we have had a few sun shining days and even a day or two of snow that melts by noon.
We are looking forward to the reunion this summer. I got on the web site finally and it looks like a great place. We will bring our mountain bikes for sure. Thanks Priscilla and Emily for making that happen and Jennifer for getting the ball rolling. Are we doing a temple session on Wednesday morning for those who are interested? Just a thought. Sounds like Mom and others will find some cozy motel accommodations near by. What do we owe you Priscilla? I rented the Pacific Yurt tent for our family because I am a wimp with tent camping now and especially with a new baby. It is right by the reunion sites. What are we doing for meals?
Much love to you all. Happy Spring!
Lucy

No comments: