Monday, March 15, 2010

Emily

Hi Family,
Has it already been two months since the last Lingo? I guess it doesn't seem that long to me...... now that I'm a Facebook junkie! Yes, I finally got with the program in 2010! Anyway, it's been fun to catch up with those of you who are on as well. If I haven't made you a friend yet ...then please send me a request! I don't know that you'll ever see me playing Farmville, but I have had fun playing the longest Scrabble games ever with Jennifer and Wendy!
Ok, so since January...things are pretty much the same. I feel like I'm constantly in my car driving back and forth to the old neighborhood taking and picking up kids from school. I think I'm finally going to take Casey in to get his license this week and then beg his high school to let him have a parking permit. They have a rule that only Juniors and Seniors can drive because of limited parking, but we're hoping they can make an exception. I have to renew my drivers license this year as well, and of course all the rules have changed and now I have to go in person. I can't find my birth certificate, so that's on my never ending list of stuff to do this week. I just hope I don't have to take a test :).
As far as our house progression.....well, we took a break for a couple of months and now we're out getting bids again so we can turn in a cost break down to the bank, and even though John plans to do a lot of the manual labor himself, we still have to get bids with the labor as well, in case something happens and we have to pay someone to complete the project. So, that's where we're at ....no new news to tell. I find the process a little frustrating right now because there are so many decisions and too many choices. I'm not sure what I want! I need someone to make the decisions for me. It's too overwhelming... and definitely not my idea of a good time.
Family updates:
Casey went on his first date, Brighton High's Sweethearts dance with a really cute girl and had a great time. He's on Brighton High's Sophomore Lacrosse team and has been practicing every day since the beginning of the year. Games start this weekend, so we're excited to go watch him play. He's counting down the days to getting his braces off next month (something he still thinks he never needed), and last but not least he's looking forward to EFY in July after the family reunion in Manti!
Mitch and Alyssa started piano lessons with Heather this month, and really like it so far. I haven't heard any complaints about practicing so far :)
Mitch is working on his "parade of states" project for school. He basically has to build a float on a wagon with things representing his assigned state of Kansas. Anybody know anything interesting about Kansas? Let us know because he needs to share it with his class in his oral report. He's also supposed to do a demonstration of a forest fire followed by a mud slide next week. We're still not sure how he's (we're) going to pull that one off. I love homework....don't you??!!
Travis is doing great in pre-school, and I'm told by his teachers that he'll be ready for Kindergarten in the fall. He'll be turning 5 in just 3 1/2 weeks!
The kids and Mom and I had a nice time driving up to Boise to see Lucy and her family and especially their new baby Garrett last weekend. He's a cutie. Wish you guys lived a little closer!
Hope you all are doing well. Have a good Easter and a nice Spring!!
Love,
Emily and family

No comments: