Dear Family
I love summer. I worked four weeks in June with special needs students in Extended School Year.
Then I completed HIST 433, writing a family history class with a 96%! I am so happy about that.
I’m meeting weekly with my cub scout den and playing the organ for sacrament meeting. The organist in the ward before passed away (2 years ago). She was really good. Her husband is going to sell the house and move to St. George. He gave us the organ.
James has been lifeguarding and teaching morning swim lessons at the pool. His family gets to swim for free when he’s on duty. Nice benefit. Hyrum has tried his hand at college, taking American History post 1877 and Humanities at our local NPC this summer. Bryan is sweet as ever and loves being with all his friends. He tried out for show choir at the junior high. His auditioning song was “Singin’ in the Rain.” He was very excited that he made it and looks forward to that this coming school year…that starts in four weeks already. Isaiah enjoyed little league and I enjoyed my first experience with a little leaguer. He had great coaches.
Jim keeps very busy covering the juvenile probation throughout Navajo County. He’ll be going to scout camp for a week with Bryan .
This is really prime time with my family. We went to the catwalks, a little hike with water, in New Mexico last week and I didn’t have that protective, worried feeling that a mom of a toddler has. And my older boys, working and going to school, stayed home and “held down the fort.” Life’s stages…
I had a fun experience with Bryan last week. Tis the season for family reunions. We were asked to help care for 16 grandchildren of our friends while they all went to the temple to do baptisms together. They had a little carnival set up in the cultural hall. It reminded me of our fun past reunions. The baby I held belonged to Rachel Castleton Delap. Rachel Castleton was a teenager living in Puyallup , WA in 1994 when our family stayed overnight with her family when we went to the Seattle Temple for Desree and Krista’s sealing.
A lot happens in a lifetime.
Love and miss you all.
Priscilla
See pics on my hanlonhaven.blogspot
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment