Dear Family,
Can you believe it’s July!?
In May we had a nice visit from Ammon, Angela and Finn. Finn took a tumble off my deck and landed on a jagged dead root from an old bush that we hadn’t been able to remove. Luckily it missed his eye – but when he was brought back into the house he was not happy and insisted on going back outside on the deck. Kids are so resilient. He announced his family’s happy news when he came into the room wearing a shirt that reads “I’m the BIG brother.” We are thrilled to soon be grandparents again. Angela is just getting past the first trimester and the morning sickness has lessened.
In June Steve took a road trip to SLC and on to Boise then Portland... (he went solo since he gets more vacation time than I do). We updated our computer so he brought mom and Dorothy our old ones (recycling). Steve enjoyed visiting for a few hours with mom and Emily & John. Then up to Boise (with Rachel for company) to see Lucy & Dave and to check out a lot that we are interested in. He then went to a car show with his childhood buddy (Gary) that lives in Portland.
This year we have our share of squirrels – attracted by our loaded apple tree I’m sure (not ripe till the fall). We also had an Opossum in our recycling – it got its paw caught in a can of chili (empty, no chili). After struggling all night long, Steve gave him his freedom as he put a long stick into the can allowing the opossum to pull out his paw (its toenail was caught between the lid and the bottom of the can). He was not hurt.
Work has been getting busier lately as I now work for a litigation attorney and he is preparing for trial. And I took on an additional attorney as well. So I’m happier to be busier than not.
There has been threats of another BART strike – which would be a holy nightmare – but for now it has been averted. Seems like they’re never satisfied and never have enough money.
I got a new hairdo – a few layers and curls – not a perm, just a change.
Strange weather today – it was in the 90s and then all these clouds came in and now (this evening) its actually raining!
Too bad about Michael Jackson dying so young. He truly was a brilliant artist.
Looking forward to seeing Lucy in Boise next week and Angela and Finn in Seattle. Am also looking forward to seeing my sisters in St. George.
Love, Jennifer & Steve
3 comments:
Oppossums in CA and GA. Did you ever hear Wendy's Oppossum experience. I think it may be an old post on her blog, what a hoot.
Love the hair do Jenn You look Younger!!!
hair looks great
Post a Comment