Hi Family. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. We're glad it hasn't been a 100 degrees yet!
Things here are going ok. We're just anxiously awaiting the completion of our house plans. This process is already frustrating and we really haven't even started. John has been busy out at his dad's place emptying junk out of the sheds (four trailers full to the dump so far) so we can fill it up with our junk. We don't have any idea when we're moving, or when the tear down will take place. We're just hoping to break ground and have all of the outside up before the snow starts flying. We will keep you posted!
John and I celebrated our 20 year anniversary last month. We stayed up in Park City, and drove the Mirror Lake Highway stopping along the way and enjoying the scenery. It was really nice. Hard to believe it has been so long. Time flies when you're having fun!
Casey has been enjoying work this summer up at Camp Tracy. He recruited three of his friends this year, and that has been really good for car pooling. This Wednesday he leaves for Pioneer Trek, and at the end of the month he'll be at E. F. Y. Soon he'll be getting his learner's driving permit if his mom can find his social security card!
This Saturday Mitch and Alyssa will be in the Children's Parade downtown. They will be wearing white t-shirts, khaki pants and holding butterflies that they made, while walking alongside a float with a big caterpillar turning into a butterfly. It starts at 10:00am, and will be broadcast on KUTV channel 2 live, so be sure to tune in.
So, I still can't believe that Michael Jackson died. I keep thinking it's a big hoax to kick off his big comeback tour. I used to be a really big fan (before he got weird). "We Are The World" came out when I was a senior in high school. I also remember watching the Thriller video over and over and over again with a very young Ammon (who was also a big fan) at Jennifer's house in Ogden. It's probably what started his obsession with horror movies. Sorry Ammon, is "obsession" too strong of a word? Anyway, I'm sure I have my "Thriller" album tucked away somewhere, and I'm now wondering how much my gloved Michael Jackson Barbie doll (still in the box) is worth!
Take is easy everyone, and try not to get the swine flu!
Love, Emily and Family
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
your MJ doll is probably worth TONS of money -- small down payment on your new house!
ha! great post. Congrats on 20 years.
Yes, loved the THRILLER video when I was 4, and I still love it! It probably IS the origin of my obsession. And no, that's not too strong of a word... actually qutie accurate.
didn't you have a MJ poster -- he was wearing yellow and Ammon got his picture in front of it with his new pjs from China Town in SF. I'll have to dig up that photo.
Post a Comment