Monday, July 13, 2009

Grandma Martha

Dear Family,

This time there’s something to crow about…namely the cruise. The Princess Caribbean which vacation started on the 17th of May.

With the accompaniment of Rick, Reba and Heather. we flew from Salt Lake to Dallas and from there to Puerto Rico on American Airlines -- all in one day.

On May 18 we were in St. Thomas, on the 19th in Antigua, two days at Sea, on the 22nd in Beautiful Bermuda, 23rd at Sea and on the 24th in New York. And from there flew back to Salt Lake.

I have a certificate that says I went for a dive. Went in a submarine to the bottom of the bed in St. Thomas, US, Virgin Islands. We saw fish, corral and sang the song about the Yellow Submarine.

I guess one might say the highlight of the cruise was the food. One could eat all day long either buffet style or in the restaurants served by Waiters with all the elegance one would want. So we did both.

Three swimming pools and hot tubs were available…one where we watched television on a big screen, one where we could hear and see the Caribbean Band…and the last but not least a pool where only adults could partake.

Entertainment at night of dancing was spectacular…also we did go to Line dancing, TV Game shows, auctions of paintings, acupuncture, which Reba took advantage of. Our cabin was comfortable and we didn’t have to move our luggage each day…

We went on a ferry to an outing to Bermuda…and then went on a bus trip…I thought Bermuda lovely with the water so green and blue against the hills of homes with white-tiled roofs. I appreciate the care given by Rick & Reba...without them I never would have had the opportunity. It was a great break.

After we were home a few days…My siblings had the Christmas get together...Blaine and Annamarie took me to Manti. Gerda and Hellmut had a nice luncheon for us. We visited the cemetery that lies kitty corner from the Manti Temple. Hellmut showed us the tombstone he had put there for future use…with large lettering of DOELLING engraved on it. Hellmut is in charge of the Family History Place there so we visited there.

After being with my brother…Blaine, Annamarie and I drove on to St. George. Blaine and Ann have a nice home there. It’s in a subdivision where people 55 and over live….kitty corner is a club house with indoor and outdoor swimming pools. A floating dance floor, a computer room, exercise room, etc….Annamarie drove me around in their golf cart. It was a fun time…we went and saw a movie, ate out, played games, etc.

It was fun to visit with Steve Rankin. He brought their computer to update mine; they got a more modern one.

Lucy brought Rachel and Nathan to EFY so got a chance to do a little visiting, however short.

Congratulations to Ammon and Angela on their forthcoming event.

Today Jenny and children along with Janet came for a visit…it was good to visit with them…I’m impressed with the children…very smart…It was fun to talk with Caleb.

We just got the new Family Search program…I’m rushing to get cards made in the old way…The new way has to be studied. I hate change. Pretty tough to teach an old dog new tricks.

Summer is upon us…been a great cool June…

Thanks family for being who you are…love you all so much…always glad to hear from you….Till next time…Eternally yours….Grandma Martha.

No comments: