This is what is up with the Yorgason's this summer. Next week in church our family is part of the ward choir, we are singing "Battle Hymn of the Republic" not an easy song considering I don't read notes and can only sing if I have someone to follow along with. Nathan wanted to sing in the choir and I said I would go with him. Now Rachel is trying to teach the rest of us all how to sing. I think I will just mouth the words.
We had a great 4th of July watching fireworks over the lake in McCAll. I had about 100lbs of cherries on my tree, they tasted great until I discovered worms. So sad. I had a blueberry plant full of big plump blueberries. The birds discovered them the day after I did. I ate a few they ate the rest. I was so sad.
Rachel has been to EFY and Girls camp, she is going to a week of cheer camp also. So one week I made her stay home and not be with friends. The same week her cell phone broke so she couldn't text and she was temporarily banned from Facebook. I called it home camp or family camp. I loved it, not so sure she did. I tried to get her to watch Princess Bride with me one night, she did not want to watch a show about a princess, I said give it 10 minutes if you don't like it we will turn it off. 3 minutes into the show I paused it and she said she wanted to keep watching. She listens to a lot of music from the 80's and so I figured she might like a movie out of the 80's as well.
Nathan's been to BYU basketball camp and scout camp this summer. I really missed him and the whole family noticed he was gone. He has earned his star in scouts and is really working towards life.
Kristen has been to art camp, had her ears pierced and plays with lots of friends
We are all having a great summer with no big travel plans. Rachel will start drivers ed in August. She loves to pull the car in and out of the driveway.
I have been into the coupon thing lately and have had a great time stocking up on food and supplies from cheap to free. Wendy says it is in the Lindgren blood. I think it also goes with the economy because these deals were not out there a year ago when I was doing coupons. I bought Tuna fish for $.05 a pkt and I have 23 containers of Breyers icecream I paid $.50 each for. I have 8 Klondike icecream bars I got for free and tons of paper plates I paid pennies for. I think we need a reunion so I can serve cheap tuna on free plates. There are blessings in challenging times and this is one of them for us.
I'm voting for a family reunion at Lake Powell next summer. Anyone else?
Love Lucy
2 comments:
I'm all for Lake Powell -- if there is shade for camping...perhaps early or late summer? I'd rather avoid 100+ degrees especially at night.
I love your family photo!!
Post a Comment