Monday, July 13, 2009

Ammon

Hi Lindgrenites!

It's been quite awhile since our last update--mostly cause I dropped the ball last time and didn't contribute to the Lingo. But now that I'm back in the saddle all is well and right with the world. First off, in case you haven't heard yet, we're expecting kid Numero Dos in January! Very exciting news, though I'm not sure where we're gonna get the time or the energy to juggle around another baby, but I guess that's why we're young, right? We won't find out the sex until sometime in August, so by next Lingo... we'll know if it'll be another rambunctious little boy or a little girl. We're stoked either way.

In other news, we spent the July 4th holiday with Angela's family in Ocean Shores, a little town on the Washington coast. It was warm, and Finn had a ton of fun playing in the sand and the freezing cold water. Finn is doing great--his favorite word right now is NO, but he also likes CHOO-CHOO (as in trains), CA (car), MA, DA, and BEE
(plane). He loves trains right now--I've never seen a kid so obsessed with any one thing than Finn is obsessed with trains. He's big into Thomas the Train, but he digs on just about any train he can get a hold of or see while looking out the car window. Lucky for him (and for us) there are quite a number of trains here in Seattle.

Finn's into all things that go--including cars, planes, boats, etc., as well as rocks and water (and throwing rocks into water). We're slowly (but surely) getting him potty trained, and he's definitely getting the hang of it. Maybe when Gilbert Part II comes he'll be all trained and we'll go back to changing diapers at square one. Better one set than two, I suppose!

Spring was unusually warm for Seattle (30 days without rain--a new record), and July was shaping up to be better as well, but it's cooling off again for your typical chilly summer gray day. Angela started working full-time at her job, and has been doing so for over a month now. It was quite the transition, and time is scarcer than ever before, but we're making it work for the time being until Gilbert Part II comes in the picture. I still have the job I loath more than anything, but since it's slim pickings out there, I guess I'll be stuck for a while longer.

I'm not sure how I can top being pregnant and trains, so I guess I'll just stop there. The summer should be super busy per usual, though we have no big trips planned per se. Mom's coming to visit while I'm in San Diego at the Comic Con International for a few days, and we're going to have a long weekend on the Oregon coast in August. Hope everyone has a fun summer, stay cool, apply that sunscreen, and I can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Love, The Gilberts (Ammon, Angela, Finn, George, and Lenny)

1 comment:

Ryan said...

congrats on being pregnant. Have fun at comic con. I always meant to go but never did. Go to the Lost presentation if they have one.