Dear Lindgren family,
Well, this has been an eventful few weeks!! I had the opportunity of going on a cruise for the first time, and LOVED it! I’m excited to go again next year (Uncle Rick has already invited me to accompany the three of them on a Mediterranean cruise next May. The tickets have been purchased!) I’ve decided that I need to go with a dancing partner sometime. One of my favorite things about the cruise was the live musicians, but all I could do was sit there and listen. I was sure itching to dance!!
I also had a fun time with my family in Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon. Beautiful! Those of you who are on Facebook, be sure to look at Kevin’s photo album of our trip. He’s a good photographer, and posted some impressive photos. Most of us went on the thrilling Angel’s Landing hike. Wow. That was incredible. The hike includes grueling switch-backs, hanging on to chains attached to the mountain, a section of trail with a steep drop-off on both sides, and fearless chipmunks looking for handouts. The view at the top is awe inspiring. And now I can say I’ve done it!!
It has been nice to have the summer (mostly) off work. Maybe next year I‘ll be off for the entire summer… We decided to move the school library upstairs, and are currently in the process of re-shelving the entire library of books. Quite a job. The big West-facing windows do make it worth the unpaid time and effort of the move. It’s nice to have natural light in the library. Thanks to my family for helping with the book-hauling!
I am certainly grateful for my job. I was planning to buy a house this summer, and started looking around at prices, etc. However, a couple days after signing my contract for the coming year, I found out that all the specialty teachers at the school (Music, Art, PE, computers) have been cut to part time, hourly pay. I’m the only specialty teacher who is still full-time salary. I have been ‘asked’ to take on a math group and reading group in addition to my library classes and other librarian duties. So, I don’t feel quite as stable in my work position as I did a few months ago, and I’m not comfortable about committing myself to 20 years of house payments. The librarian, unfortunately, is often one of the things to cut back on when budget is tight…
Grandma is very gracious in allowing me to stay with her a while longer. I’m not sure what I’m waiting for, exactly, before trying again to get a house. I guess I’ll just keep on saving until I decide what to do next.
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Heather
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds like a good plan to me
Post a Comment