Dear Family,
Between my short-term memory and my long-term memory and my failing eyesight I write this epistle.
I suppose the highlight of the past two months would be Sisters' week. Emily got us a nice Swiss looking condo in Midway to have our party. Thanks to Lucy we had a member of the opposite sex with us named Garrett. He is so lovable …we all enjoyed our stay that much more. During our get together we went out to eat twice, once in Midway and once in Park City. We played games like card Monopoly and Scramble Slam...also Phase 10 at several Intervals. It was enjoyable to go to church in Midway the one Sunday we were there. Several walks were taken…scenery was like being In Switzerland. Weather was all in our favor.
Lucy came early so she could put up grape juice. Unfortunately some deer caused the amount of grapes to have dwindled, so the amount was less than hoped for…but I appreciate the bottles that were done.
At the end of our time we were able to visit with Robin at her home and also at the little restaurant where her son works and where we ate.
Janet and Marty took me out to visit with Wendy and family at their new home in Daybreak. It was fun to see how the homes out there looked like the picture I have of the House that the Jacobsens lived in around the early 1900's in Chicago.
I have been invited to spend Thanksgiving with the Hill family and am looking forward to it.
Heather took me out to Saratoga Springs to witness the baptism of Katelyn Bosley. It was good to see many of the families of Rick & Reba's posterity. Nicole gave a good talk on baptism. I was very impressed with Jeff Troutman Jr. What a fine young man he is…also the hugs from the great grandchildren.
For my Birthday the Relief society and my visiting teachers took me to Lunch and presented me with an enlarged print copy of the lesson manual.
Annemarie and I went out to lunch. She is the Family History Consultant in her ward and is frustrated. So we compared some notes.
Well I’ve had my third shot for the eyes and can't see any improvement. Grateful for Dorothy who has taken me to all my appointments as well as to the Bountiful Temple…getting cards done. Rick Jr. called . Good to hear from him. He was heading for Washington DC on a flight
Thanks again for the calls Thanks for Rick's kindness to me. For the food. Nice for Heather to be here to give piano lessons to Mitchell and Alyssa. For John and Emily’s help in picking up groceries.
Leaves are all down, we’ve had our first snow so season is changing. It was fun to see the Andersons clever costumes for Halloween.
Good to have family I am so grateful. Love forever to all of you.
Signing off is Grandma,Great Grandma, Mom…Martha
Monday, November 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment