Hi Family,
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and Happy New Year! This was the first Christmas in a long time that we haven't sent out a Christmas card. We never made the time to get a picture taken, so my goal is maybe a Valentine's card?
We shall see.
I had to be available for jury duty during the week of Christmas, and was summoned to appear on the Wednesday before. I'm glad I was only there for a half a day...ultimately not on the chosen jury. I still had all of my wrapping to do!
Our Christmas was great, (and believe it or not has finally, but just barely, been put away at our household). We were all spoiled as usual. We had a fun Christmas Eve party over at Mom's house with those in town who were able to make it; Tom and family, April and new boyfriend, along with Trevor and Alissa's family, The Tomlinsons, Wendy and Justin's family ..........did I forget anybody?
Mitch and Alyssa have been taking piano lessons this past year with Heather, so they each played a Christmas song for their talent, and then helped Travis sing for his. We all had fun with the White Elephant game. There were some good ones in the bunch. Mitch parted ways with his big wooden fork and spoon that he got at a garage sale this past summer. I think James and Lynette ended up with them after the maximum amount of trades were allowed (and Mom made sure the rules were followed!).
We had another party at Mom's house for New Year's Eve.....playing games. We played a new one this year that was a lot of fun called Guestimation. We also taught the kids Pit, which was an instant hit, and a favorite of everybody.
We spent time over the school break working on Mitch's science project. He's been growing crystals using a saturated borax solution. Sometimes we get the saturation just right, and other times not. We have repeated it about six times so far.......I guess that's a true experiment.....as he has been recording all of the data. Now for the final written papers. Seriously....are we the parents in sixth grade again? It feels like it, and I don't like the pressure!
Mitch got braces in October, and Alyssa got upper and lower retainers that she expands once a week in preparation for future braces. I'm sure Travis won't be too far behind. Casey is glad to be out of his, but still has to wear his retainer at night which he's not too keen on. They're supposed to be worn at night for a lifetime. So where's mine he asks? Good question. Actually, I think I know where they are, but my teeth have shifted enough that I'm sure they don't fit in my mouth anymore.........that should be the lesson for him right there .. don't you think?
John and I have spent the last month out looking for houses. I guess I should stop right there because no purchase has been made yet......and given our track record.....it's not happening until it's happened! :-) but.....it's been a fun and enlightening process. There sure are a lot of short sales and foreclosures out there right now. I'm just glad to be on this side of a bad situation. Right now South Jordan is where we are looking. We can get the most bang for our buck out there without having to commute too far to our places of employment.
Take Care Family......until next time...(or see you on Facebook). .. Happy Martin Luther King Day!!
Emily/John and Family
Monday, January 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment