
Dear Family
We’ve had snow like the rest of the nation. It came just before New Year’s Eve and its still here. That is a record since we’ve been in Snowflake. It was so cold it didn’t melt fast like usual. Many had broken pipe problems including our town library.
Krista came over for two days between Christmas and New Year’s and with her motivation and assistance we did a makeover of our Family Room. She even cleaned the carpet. What a dear, it feels so good and clean. She does take care of me. Isaiah changed schools at the break so now he attends where I work. I like it much better.
I have some achy flu bug with a cough. I hope I get over it soon. We’re looking forward to having James back here Tuesday night. Hyrum is 16 Monday. My stake calling keeps me thinking.
Like most years we cut our own Christmas tree this year. This year was by far the easiest. The temperature was high…probably 50, no snow. We picked a thin one sided tree so it could stand next to a wall. Jim had a chain saw …one he has used to cut wood for our wood stove. Quite a contrast from the years when the girls were young and it was deep snow, dark, cold, hand saw, haul it out in a sled…And my body was so much tougher.
We enjoyed doing our tradition of gingerbread houses too. Maybe I’ll get more pictures posted on my blog…Hanlonhaven.blogspot.com
Love, Priscilla
No comments:
Post a Comment