Monday, January 17, 2011

Grandma Martha

Dear Family,

As I reflect upon the past two months, I feel very blessed and thankful for all of you. Thanksgiving was a treat this year as I went with Marty and Janet to have dinner at Wendy and Justin's home. Justin's folks were also there. It was most enjoyable Thank you Wendy and Justin for the invite.

We had some pretty good snow storms as we approached the holidays. Dorothy and Emily ran errands for me....I'm so thankful for their time in my behalf.

It was good to visit with Tom and Marci, April and Ian, Trent, Trevor and Alissa and little ones, the Anderson's, Tomlinson's, James and Lynnette, the Hill family. I didn't do any of the fixin's...We had a little talent program, good food, white elephant exchange and gifts.

I enjoyed the bugles, nuts, chocolates, gum, brownie dough, a lovely cuddly pink robe. You guys are so good to me.. The evening ended with the PJ game.

During the time between and around Christmas and New Year's I had a nice visit with John and Sharron...also with Jeff and Jenny's family.

Since we had lots of snow and ice, we only had the Andersons and Tomlinsons for game night. We played Rumikube, a new version of Pictionary. Things have begun to simmer down. Heather is back giving Alissa and Mitchell piano lessons and she helped me take down the lights and took me to the D.I. to get some more books on tape...like John By-the-way. Enjoyed the books on tape Jennifer sent.

It was good to get greetings from my three cousins in Germany. This year two of my cousins there passed on.

Grateful for Dorothy who gets me to the eye doctor monthly or so. Hanging in there and able to do genealogy with bright light and closeness. Doing one drop each night for the Glaucoma.

Dorothy and I made a trip to Bountiful to exchange cards...still doing good. I have been keenly interested in Raoul Wallenberg, hero of the holocaust. He is 11 C 2 R to Ross. If you are interested get into Google and put in his name.

Thanks to Wendy and Justin and family I was able to hitch a ride to Boise last weekend. We had no snow problems either way and it was so good to visit with the Yorgasons. While there I watched Guten Abend Herr Wallenberg. What a terrible experience for the Jews and for us as onlookers. Richard Chamberlain played the role in the American movie Raoul Wallenberg, A Heroes Story. I searched out his step brother Guy. It stated I needed permission to do anything about him.

While playing around at the computer at the Yorgasons, I got a translation of Elof Engelberti Olai history and also some more descendants of his.

While at church in Boise, Lucy who is Primary President, introduced me. All the children sang "Hello Hello" as I stood in front of them. Kristen played piano for me at home. She's very talented. Krista also gave a talk on Esther in Primary. I enjoyed talking to Garrett. He has such a cute smile

I hope all of you will continue to write in the Lingo. I'ts a good history of family.

Lucy, I am really enjoying the tape of Come Unto Me and Fishers of Men. Looking forward to the results of Krista's Piano critiquing...I enjoyed playing Ticket To Ride American Version. Sorry I didn't get to hug goodbye from Rachel and Nathan...I will be curious to know if you wind up at the dance in Feb. Go for it. You're
only young once.

Next Lingo I just might be in Hawaii with Rick, Reba, and Heather. Meanwhile, love to all of you and thanks, thanks, thanks for being part of my life...

Love Eternally, Mom, Grandma and Great Grandma.

No comments: