I had an extra week of vacation this Christmas! Unfortunately, that means an extra work week at the end of the school year... Thanks to a water pipe break at school, Mountainville Academy had about 3 inches of water covering the first floor. So, school was canceled for a week while flood clean-up and restoration happened. Another reason (in addition to the view through the BIG windows) to be grateful the library moved upstairs last year. There could have been a lot of water-damaged books! As it happened, there were only a few in classrooms that were damaged.
Grandma and I are excited to go to Hawaii with Rick and Reba in March. (I think I still owe them for last year's trip. I better pay him back, huh?) I have never taken that much time off work, so I'm already stressing just a bit about getting my classes organized before we go. But, I'm excited for my first view of the islands!
I have a new calling in my ward. I was released from teaching the 15/16 year-olds Sunday School class, and now I am the 1st councilor in Young Women. Over the Mia Maids (14 and 15 year-olds). Girls Camp, here I come! I feel a little out of my comfort zone... Maybe Heavenly Father is trying to help me know what it might have been like if I married and had kids by the time I was 21. I could have children that age by now. Weird!!! I'm sure it will be fun (as everyone keeps telling me) but I just don't feel cool enough to hang out with teenagers...
Daniel and I say hello when our schedules overlap, and have time to watch a movie together once in a while. But we're both quite busy in (and out of) my little blue house in Pleasant Grove. Now, if I could just figure out to get 80-year-old walls to stop letting heat escape, so my nose would stay warm while I'm inside my house... I had additional attic insulation installed, and the next big expenditure I plan on is new windows (after tax returns...). Hopefully that helps keep the heat bill down.
I hope all is well with the Lindgren Clan!
Love, Heather
Monday, January 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment