






Hello Lindgrens!
Hope you are all well. We've had a busy past month of traveling and moving.
We had a fun trip across the US. We drove with four month old Sammy and visited friends and family throughout the U. S. Sam was really good in the car but we did take a lot of breaks. He would wear out at the end of the day. We tried to keep car time at around 5 hours for most days. We ended up stopping in Dayton Ohio, Springfield Illinois, St Louis Missouri, Nauvoo Illinois, Independence Missouri, Abilene, Kansas, and Denver, CO on out way to Colorado Springs.
One cool thing is we got to spend time with Misty and her cute kids in Nauvoo. I posted on Facebook that we were in Nauvoo and Mike made sure we connected. Misty gave us insider tours of Carthage, the Nauvoo cemetery, and Nauvoo. I (Ryan) had only met Misty once before she was a Lindgren at a family Christmas party and we enjoyed getting to know her family. We are grateful for her hospitality. Its too bad Rick was off flying around the country or we could have spent time with him too. She cooked us meals and even took care of Sam while we went to the Nauvoo Temple.
I accepted a job working as a Social Worker with active duty US Army service members with psych and physical difficulties at Fort Carson. We had all of our stuff shipped separately from North Carolina, so we didn't have to drag extra stuff as we moved our little family to Colorado Springs, Colorado. We have been out here for about three weeks now and are living in a townhouse near base. It's an adjustment working for the Army but my coworkers are nice and I think I will like what I am able to do counseling the soldiers. The altitude and temperature is the biggest adjustment. We are using the heat, humidifiers, lotion and chap stick. I think we are going to like it here.
Here are some more pictures and a post of our trip on our blog: http://cheyneyandryan. blogspot.com/2010/10/more- nauvoo.html
Ryan, Cheyney, and Sam
No comments:
Post a Comment