Monday, November 15, 2010

Dorothy

November 11, 2010
Dear Family,
Marcus has been out on his mission for four months and Penny has just four months left. Crazy! They are both enjoying their missions and are doing well. They have investigators who are very interested and hope to be baptized soon. They love getting letters the snail-mail way, so take a moment to write or send a Christmas card. Postage to England is 98c, Canada, 75c.

Elder Marcus Albert Tomlinson
England London South Mission
The London Temple, West Park Road
Newchapel, Surrey
England RH7 6 NB

Sister Penny Sue Tomlinson
Canada Calgary Mission
7044 Farrell Rd SE
Calgary, Alberta T2H OT2
Canada

Alan and I are taking a weekly CES class held in our stake on Doctrine & Covenants and Church History. As one of his high council assignments, he unlocks the doors and sets things up for it each week. I assist by playing the organ. We really enjoy these classes.
One of Alan’s newer responsibilities is over missionary work in the stake. He’s done this for just a few weeks, but I notice him really enjoying it as he becomes more involved with the spirit of missionary work.
Ariane went to lots of play rehearsals before and after school during September and October until the musical, “Guys and Dolls” was performed last weekend at Copper Hills High School. She was in more than half of the scenes (female ensemble). She played her part very well and had fun doing it. I’m glad to have her home right after school again (keeps me company), and she’s glad to have a little more time to sleep.
I was also more involved with the play this year because I volunteered to do a few things during the musical, like sell concessions, etc. After that first parents meeting, I soon found myself as a member of the school’s performing arts board. I guess I should be involved in some way since I haven’t done much volunteering in behalf of my children since they left elementary (I used to volunteer to help out a lot when they were that age), and Ariane is the last one in her last year of school. I’m missing that chapter in my life already! But at the same time I’m enjoying the new chapter that is unfolding, that of Grandparenthood! Thank you Jason and Becky for making it possible!!
During UEA when the kids were out of school, Alan took two days off work so we could have a family mini-vacation. Five of us went to Aspen Grove to their sponsored “Family Weekend Get-Away.” We enjoyed hiking and playing lots of outdoor and indoor games together, plus the weather was perfect.
As soon as we got back from that, I left for a few more days for a “sisters get-away” with Lucy, Emily, Priscilla, Jennifer, and Mom. Emily was able to make arrangements for us to stay in a nice place in Midway. Again the weather was perfect. We felt like we were in Europe with the Swiss flavor of the area. We enjoyed going for walks, eating out, shopping, and playing games together. I’m glad we have continued this tradition.
I’m so thankful for all of you and feel very blessed to be part of this wonderful Lindgren family clan. I’m thankful for our rich heritage and a wonderful mother who taught me about them and continues to tell me stories about them. I love you all. May you have a wonderful and delicious Thanksgiving.
Love, Dorothy

No comments: