Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jennifer




Dear Family,

Today is Mother's Day. Hope the mothers are all enjoying this special day in their honor. And especially to you mom, I'm glad to have given you a hug a couple of days ago. I enjoyed skyping with Ammon and Finn and Harper (Angela was in bed sick). Finn is learning to talk and it is so fun watching his development. Last month I visited in Seattle and held Harper a lot. You can't help but smile when she smiles -- so cute. Even when she had a fever last month, she was still smiling. Finn turned two and a half. Angela baked him a half birthday cake. While in Utah, Mom and I sent Finn a little video, and he sent one back -- I love today's technology. It really helps with long-distance relationships.

This past week we drove to Boise and spent a few days with the Yorgasons. What a great family. We met Garrett and I enjoyed holding and feeding him, and we had a lot of fun playing games and the Yorgasons sang Happy Birthday to Steve, first and second verses, Lindgren style....it was quite a treat since I usually don't sing (solo) to Steve on his birthday. I went "couponing" with Rachel and Nathan and experienced Rachel's driving first hand...a very conscientious driver at only 15! Steve and I checked out the weeds on our lot, took a couple of long walks enjoying the scenery and manicured landscapes, and looked at a few homes in the Parade of Homes -- we are more than ready to move and build. And we are thrilled that Wendy is planning a move to the Boise area.

Nice to also spend a short time visiting with Emily and family -- going to elementary school to a 5th grade hero program with Mitchell and joining Emily for a Mother's Day picnic with Alyssa and her first grade class. Travis is so cute, such a little guy with lots of smiles. Casey is getting tall and with no more braces and developing the Lindgren "bump," he'll be fighting off the girls. All the neighborhood kids love riding their bikes in the big hole that used to hold Emily's old house. They are anxiously getting ready to begin building their home. Steve and I went out for seafood at the Market Grill with Emily and John, celebrating Emily's and Steve's birthdays. The only bad thing about visiting in Utah is the very dry air that we're not used to, and the long 12-hour drive across the state of Nevada!

Also nice seeing Heidie and her children. (Thanks again for the fun gifts from your website.)
Love, Jennifer & Steve

No comments: