Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Grandma Martha

Dear Family,

Things are always changing. Right now on mind is Heather's house. I will miss her but know that its time for her to go on. It will be an adjustment for me.

We had a nice party lunch when the Yorgasons came. It was good to see many of you there... some we haven't for awhile.

This morning the Rankins left for home after visiting here a day and a half. The Andersons and the Rankins and me went out to Applebee's for dinner to celebrate Mother's day... the following night Emily's birthday was celebrated.

We are near the end of the school closing season and children's programs are the fare. It was fun to see Alyssa sing with her first grade class. Mitchell did a good job in reading about his hero which was John Lindgren, his scout leader. There were quite a few heroes honored... this is an annual 5th grade program.

Jennifer and Steve and I joined Emily at a picnic for the first graders by being outdoors on the lawn... we didn't even have ants. Emily fixed our lunch.

Heidie came to visit while Jennifer and Steve were here. She brought five of her children. They sure are a nice family... I enjoy lots of hugs from them.

Paul Sommer and a former missionary companion of his came over. The former companion was Bro. Butler. He lives in New York and was researching facts about the Brooklyn Ward. He was a former stake President there. We had a good chat about the emigrants who largely made up the Brooklyn Ward. He had the book "In Harm's Way" which is a history of the East German mission during Hitler's regime from 1939 through 1945 when the Russians came to posses East Germany.

Thanks to Heather's gift, I now own my own copy. It mentions people I know and even the Gangien family who are genealogically related. It tells of Werner Schaarschuch, Brigitta's brother, who was killed in the war.

As usual I am often rescued by my hero Rick for various reasons. My touch lamp fell and broke and Rick got me a new one. I usually have computer programs and need help from Rick the expert.

News has it that Preston has his mission papers in.. Looking forward to finding out where he is going.

Ann and Blaine went to St. George for a few weeks. The first day out Ann contacted Pneumonia and Blaine followed a week later. They are ok now but really had a bout.

The cloggers had a dig at the new Magna Sr. Citizens Center. Also the Vets at Foothill were entertained.

Congratulations to James Hanlon's graduation. Great achievements in the driving field.. to Rachel and Casey.

Over one hundred sealings accomplished out of Bountiful these past two months.

Am looking forward to the Rhine River Trip.... in June.

If I missed something to write about in the past months... am truly sorry... meanwhile the best to all of you... Love, Grandma Martha

No comments: