I am now a homeowner! Wow. I feel quite overwhelmed, and excited, and poor, and nervous, and grown-up... My new house is in Pleasant Grove, Utah. Mom is attaching some photos with the Lingo, so take a good look. It has been mine for 5 days now, but I've only spent a few hours there. (No bed or refrigerator yet - both necessary items for living in a house...) I'll move gradually (after school and Saturdays) through the month of May, and really live there in June (once school is out). I'll be living in (and paying for) it on my own this summer. Then Daniel will move in at the end of the summer - in August. Of course, being 'coed' means no other roommates unless they're related. (any single cousins out there want to move to Pleasant Grove for a while? I sure could use the rent money...) There are 4 bedrooms (one of which will be my library/office/project room) and 2 bathrooms. So, I have room for one (or two if you want to share a room) more. There sure are a lot of additional expenses to owning a home, even before officially moving in! (I'm more than happy to help you clean out if any one has excess: kitchen items, washer/dryer, microwave, bookshelves, etc) I look forward to being moved in and organizing over the summer.
Dad and I were involved in a fun concert last night. The Mountain West Chorale (Dad's choir) has hosted a 'choir festival' for several years. This year, the Sterling Singers (my choir) was invited to join. Four choirs performed and then joined to sing "the Battle Hymn of the Republic" at the end of the concert. It was fun to share a concert with Dad.
Nothing else to say - I guess a new house is big enough news, right?
Love, Heather
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment