Monday, January 18, 2010

Lynnette

Hello Family,

Congratulations to Angela & Ammon on their new arrival. Facebook is wonderful for the quickness of news...

Happy Birthday to Me. I'm now 23 hehe. I've wanted to go cheese sampling.. so James got me a cheese sample platter with 7-8 different cheeses. Yummm

We had 2 Christmas' one with James Family and another in Saint George with my Family. My sister in Arizona was able to fly her family so we could all visit. I came down sick, for 2 weeks, from all the excitement. (Bronchitis with badly inflared Asthma. Utah air is horrible. Must move to mmm Hawaii or a mountain top with clear air. lol)

We had quite the trip... Just upon my excitement that we were going to get home in just under 4 hours at my current speed, I heard a small noise which almost instantly became a loud terrible noise. ahhhh our tire had just blown. We were on I-15 south of Sipio, it was 11 pm, later we were told the temperature was something like 10 or 17 degrees. brrrrrrr empty out the trunk to dig out the spare tire & jack we discovered we had NO FLASHLIGHT in almost pitch-black lighting, with occasional car headlight passing, we had to make do with a small minuscule light James had on his keyring. James had the darnedest time getting the jack on the car frame. We bent the cosmetic metal trim the first and second try. I walked to the next exit, and basically froze my ears, to find where we were in case we needed to call for help. well finally after forever James successfully got the jack to stay put and got the tire changed... we re-loaded the car... stopped at a close gas station for some much needed warmth and HOT CHOCOLATE and traveled home at a speedily 50-55 mph... got home at approx 2 am ish. It really took us 7 hrs to make a 4 - 4 1/2 hr trip. oh the excitement. (ok maybe not that exciting).

We want to be more social with those our age. We've begun hosting weekly parties with various younger couples that live in our neighborhood. We may also start a weekly dinner group...

I've been cooking more from scratch. I made chocolate mousse. Was super heavy. Must make it more to perfect... and get it lighter.. hehe. Also I discovered the Olive Garden Alfredo Recipe on the olive garden website. mmm delicious... they have other recipes also check it out http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/recipe_search/recipe_display.asp? id=69

We're slowly making progress on our business endeavors... Procrastination is no good to anyone. There is nothing to Fear but Fear itself. I still conducts food parties, not as often as I'd like though.

James is still staying busy and loving his job drafting & designing stuff. And the cats are just as lazy as ever.

Happy 2010 ~James & Lynnette~

No comments: