Monday, January 18, 2010

Grandma Martha

Dear Family,

Here I am again. Christmas and New Years seem to have flown right by me. Lots of activity but the best part was seeing some of you. Christmas Eve seemed to be traditional for a party... Fun to visit with the Tomlinsons, the Tom Lindgren Family including Trevor and family. It was fun to see Kimberly for a minute. Cheyney and Ryan are fun to visit with and I thank them for their kind words. Jeremy and Annisha dropped by.

We learned about Tom's scary accident and felt sympathy for April's limping. Many thanks to all of for the lovely gifts. Today I'm enjoying the new computer but still struggling with the New Family Search. Dorothy and I were able to get 100 names into the Bountiful temple this January.

The new year came in with a bang. Congratulations to Ammon and Angela with their new bundle Harper. Looks like 2010 is bringing forth three more on the way.

It was good to see Sarah again after some years... Priscilla and I had some good visits... Four puzzles were put together during the holiday time. Jim was so hooked he stayed up till 4 a.m.

Some of us stayed to welcome the New Year in, I was one that actually was still awake at 4 a.m.

Ryan and Isaiah spent time at Emily and John's to be with their cousins. Emily was good to keep the boys under her wing while the adults did their thing.

Congratulations on your success at the Cheer Leader competition Rachel. Lucy spent an overnighter with me. She made carrot juice (yummmm). She also readjusted the picture grouping of the married grandchildren... I found one picture of Nicole & Jeff. We need Sarah and Daniel's picture, Krista and her new husband, Aaron, Gretchen, Peter, and then I would have them all.

Priscilla told us of Krista's accident.. scary but grateful that you weren't seriously hurt.

Jennifer called and tells of her experience as grandmother to Harper. She's up there in Seattle.. I guess she'll write of the smashed window on their truck on the passenger side.

I' m pulling things from my memory so I'm a bit helter-skelter. It was fun playing Ticket to Ride with Nathan when he was here.

January has its birthdays in the family... So HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! TO ALL WHO ARE AGING.

Marty got a book from the library "In Harm's Way". He left it with me to read. I got quite involved with it. It is about the Eastern German Mission during the War years. Some of the families I know are Cieslaks (Diane), Schaarschuch, Scherwinski, Gangien. The members tell their stories and am sure grateful we left 10 years before it happened, The book is new and hasn't hit the book stores yet.

Priscilla and I visited with Aunt Pearl. She has a picture that we're coveting. It has a Harley Davidson Motorcycle with Al and Ann and Bob. Pearl will be turning 90 this year and having a celebration in July. She has intent of writing a story that Priscilla took on tape.. she's going to illustrate with pictures, including the Harley Davidson Motorcycle one.

During the pre-holiday season, our stake had a singing devotional.,. Heather had a solo part, she was great, I was also able to enjoy the UVU choir with Daniel in it. The clogging girls had seven gigs during the holidays... a ward, festival of trees, Christmas Fest at the Fairgrounds (like the past Dickens). Council of women program, 2 rest homes. We had a fun party at the Cowboy Restaurant,

I had to get a new checking account again because of a possible fraud.. Maybe I'll learn this time.

Rick and John take good care of me.. I appreciate them so much.

Thank you family for being you. I'm grateful to all of you.

I love my new door. Thank you Mike and Chris. Rick.

On New Year's eve we did some wishful predicting.... anything you want to add write in Lingo. Dorothy predicted Harper's birthweight within one ounce.

Much love, Mom, Grandma, Great Grandma Martha.

No comments: