Hello, Lindgrens!
Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers. I hope it was a good day of being appreciated.
The school year is winding down - I'm ready to be done. (and go on the cruise with Grandma!) I've been trying to fill my summer with good things - so far, I'll be volunteering at This is the Place park, again. That was fun last year, so I'm doing it again. I also hope to spend a day or two a week helping at the Salt Lake Temple. That hasn't been finalized, yet. I auditioned for a musical, but wasn't invited to be part of it. There's one more show I'll try for, but I don't think I'll be in a show this summer. I'll find other things to do, I'm sure.
I've been dancing as usual - I recently re-discovered Country Dancing (thanks to a free night once a month my friend told me about...). I forgot that country dancing can be fun, too - I still enjoy Big Band swing more, but I've enjoyed a bit of a change.
I discovered a family in my ward who enjoys old movies! Laura found out I like old movies, like Deana Durbin (Grandma introduced me to those. Thanks!). She asked if I would bring one over some night to watch with her, and her daughters (all under 12) sat through the entire movie! So, I've had a lot of fun introducing some of my favorite musicals to Laura and her girls. It's a good way for me to re-watch the movies that Grandma has seen a hundred times and isn't in the mood to watch again. And it's fun to see young girls enjoy old movies.
The big news at work is that I'll be moving the library this summer! There is a big room upstairs (a little larger than where I am now) with a high ceiling and lots of windows. I've been wanting that room for the library ever since I toured the almost-finished building right before we moved in 2 years ago. I suggested it to a few people (trying not to sound like I'm complaining), and finally found a few sympathetic ears who have made it official. It was even announced to the staff on Friday, so it's for real! It will be a huge project, but definitely worth it in the end... I'll just recruit some man-power from my family and anyone else willing to haul books and shelving up one floor. (any volunteers?) I am looking forward to the windows! There are even interior windows, so people will be able to see the library as they walk down the hall.
Well, that's all for now. I'm sure more has happened, but I can't seem to keep track... Happy Spring!!! Heather
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a comfortable place to read a good book.
Post a Comment