May 10, 2009
Dear Family,
In reviewing the past two months, I see that life goes on and I sometimes feel like I am running as fast as I can to keep up with it. But all and all, life is good.
In March Jason & Becky celebrated their wedding anniversary, as well as Becky’s birthday. Ariane celebrated her 16th birthday by having a few friends over to play video games and to watch a movie. We attended Ariane’s spring choir concert on the day of her birthday. We’re happy that she takes an interest in choir and theater… much like her older siblings. Jason, Daniel, Penny, and Marcus had their spring breaks, but not exactly at the same time. It was also the month that Marcus got two teeth implants and his braces removed. He received a set of clear braces that he was instructed to wear 12 hours a day (for the rest of his life if he wants to keep his teeth perfectly straight and beautiful). We went to the Draper Temple Dedication in our church building and watched the proceedings by satellite. Alan and I saw Phantom of the Opera (music by Maury Yeston) at the Hale Centre Theatre… it was a fabulous production. I spent one afternoon at the Deseret Pasta Plant and was pleasantly surprised to see Fred Wetzel (we were in the same ward 23 years ago) working as a service missionary there. We took a quick trip to Hyde Park the last Sunday of the month for the blessing our newest granddaughter, Dorothea Rose. Even though March went out like a lion that day, it was a wonderful time to be together with the family for this occasion.
In April most of the family came home for General Conference weekend. It’s always nice to be the place our children are drawn too… where they come to be together, whatever the occasion. Kevin, Ariane, and I spent an afternoon during Ariane’s spring break at the Deseret Dairy, helping to process cheese. We were awarded a one pound block of cheese each for our time. Marcus celebrated his 19th birthday by having all his brothers and Ariane get together and play video games on Saturday, the 18th. That same day, I went to Heather’s stake Enrichment meeting and luncheon with Penny, Becky, and Mom. Sister Ardith G. Kapp was the guest speaker. That afternoon I went to the Marriott Center in Provo for service volunteer training for the BYU Womens Conference. All day until 5 PM on April 30th of the conference I checked for tickets, gave directions, and answered questions. The rest of the time I was able to enjoy with Heather and Penny as we participated together in service projects, a fabulous concert, listened to informative and spiritually uplifting speakers, and ended with dinner at the Olive Garden. We celebrated Katherine’s 5th birthday the last Saturday of April. She is growing up so fast and learning so much. She can read fluently already and hasn’t even started school yet, but is looking forward to the new adventure this fall.
May so far has brought rain and sunshine and gorgeous tree blossoms and flowers. Yesterday, Mom, Heather, Ariane, and I were able to listen to former General Relief Society President Sister Parkin as she spoke so a small group of women. She gave inspirational words of love and encouragement. As I’ve thought of the Lord’s servants I have been blessed to hear in just the past two months, I am reminded again of how much Heavenly Father is aware of each of us and that he loves us and is guiding us home. All we have to do is listen and do.
The excitement of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house is accelerating. Ariane has been attending weekly choir practice for the youth temple celebration, taking place in the Conference Center the end of the month. I have been attending training meetings preparing for my part of our stake’s 5 assigned days during the open house. Alan, Kevin, Marcus, and Ariane have been given usher assignments for the V.I.P. day on May 23rd.
Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful Mothers and will-be mothers. We look forward to reading all about your busy and happy lives too!
Love, Dorothy
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so glad that you got to have the family home for conference.
You do a great job keeping up with your busy life!
Post a Comment