Monday, November 10, 2008

Heidie


The winds of change have arrived! We are moving. Chris has already started the job. We are waiting until we have enough money to move and then the whole family will move with him. The move is bittersweet. We have enjoyed living near family and cousins...not that we will be too far...but it will be much different that a door away.
I had a very nice visit with Grandma Martha this week. I really talked her ear off, thanks for listening! It is nice to hear some wisdom from someone who has lots of kids and has been through some really really hard times. It is good to be reminded that these economic dips will not last forever. I asked Grandma, "What did you do when you had all those kids and you had no money to live?" I loved her reply, "We went crazy!" Thanks for keeping it real grandma.
I am also very thankful for my own religious freedoms. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows the intimate details of my thoughts. I have been greatly blessed with a wonderful husband, who holds the priesthood of God. I believe with all of my heart that the blessings that I have been promised will come (predicated upon me doing my part). What a gift it has been for me to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of LDS. I was born into it...and I came to a point in my life when I decided to study it all out and decide what it all means. I look back at the many different roads that I have almost taken, or that I thought would make me happy. I CHOOSE religion. I LOVE being LDS aka Mormon. I learn things at church, I think about them, and they are PART of me. I am thankful that I made the decision that has made me and my family the happiest.
Things are going well. I look forward to reading the Lingo, and seeing what everyone is up to!
I hope that your holidays are cheerful and that you have a lovely CHRISTmas. Jesus really is the reason for the season.
Heidie

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

where are you moving to? I appreciate your expressions of gratitude.