Monday, November 10, 2008

Grandma Martha

Dear Family

We had snow this week and everything went white…but it's melting now and things feel like winter. brrrr
In looking over the past two months. For our birthdays Annamarie and I went to lunch at Applebees…We had a good visit…She gave me some more German CDs which I am enjoying very much.
With Marty and Janet I saw the movie "Errand of Angels" about lady missionaries, which was an interesting show and very enjoyable.
Emily & John graced my kitchen with some georgeous roses.
I was grateful that Dorothy picked grapes, as well as the children on a different day. Grateful that Reba and her friend picked so I feel good that there was no waste and shelves had grape juice. Picking was as late as mid October.
Emily was able to obtain tickets to "Thriller" at Kingsbury Hall...Fun Fun Fun!
Grateful to Rick for cementing the bricks in front of the house and fixing the overhang of the front door before winter set in -- not to mention draining the pipes. Thank you so much dear Rick.
I sold four shares of water in the past two months.
Am daily busy with the Norwegian kin…and grateful for my rides to Bountiful which were several times during the past two months.
Thank you Ryan and Cheyney for the magnet of Istanbul…how thoughtful of you.
Grateful of the safe arrival of great grandchildren…there are 57 now with three known still awaiting for their turn on earth.
For the little escaped on the car…I thank John A for this knowledge, to my relief.
Something special these last few days…A visit from Heidie and Rebecca, a call from Mike in Arizona, and Amy in the Northwest. Thank you for your remembrances.
Of interest…we were hooked to the TV for awhile awaiting the great election of 2008. History in the making..How will it all affect is in the future?
For your calls, Priscilla, Jennifer, Lucy...I thank you.
The clogging grandmothers have five performances during the holidays plus a big party that we always enjoy.
For the unacknowledged birthdays…please forgive. Many in October. Thoughts were there.
Am looking forward to Thanksgiving with many of you and for those who will be enjoying family elsewhere. Happy Thanksgiving.
We truly have much to be thankful for…may we be grateful…..Love you all Grandma Martha.

1 comment: