
Yo Lindgrens,
It's been quite an eventful last couple of months. On October 10th Finn turned one year old, and on October 11th, we had a party to celebrate. But not just any party--a monkey themed one-year-old birthday party! All of Finn's girlfriends were there, as were Grandpa and Grandma Rankin. He had a blast, he got to eat some chocolate monkey cake, he got lots of cool presents, and he even ended the party with a bath in the sink. What a party animal.
A few weeks after he turned one, Finn took his first steps... and lucky for you, the camera was rolling. Check out the YouTube video and check it out--he was really excited to be taking a few steps, and he's still working on the whole walking thing. If you could crawl as fast as Finn, you wouldn't waste time on trying to walk, would ya? Nope. Probably not.
On Halloween, Finn, Angela, and I were pirates--a family of pirates! Arrrrg! We took Finn in his pirate ship stroller to a few houses trick-or-treating and while he didn't fully grasp the idea behind it, I think he got it enough to have a blast NEXT year. We're thinking next year Finn will be the Travelocity Gnome and Angela & I will be contestants on the Amazing Race. If we can't be on the show, we might as well pretend like we're on the show!
We're super excited that Barak Obama will be the next President of the United States! What an incredible and amazing accomplishment--he's just what this country needs!
Anyway, life is busy and crazy as usual and we can't wait to see everyone at Thanksgiving!
Love,
Ammon, Angela, and Finn
3 comments:
You guys are the funnest parents! I love the pic!
Were super excited for Obama too. I'm so proud of my country and the decision its made to right itself and get back to what makes it extraordinary.
good to get an update on you guys.
Hey--you guys are such a cute pirate family! I love it! And I am a huge fan of Amazing Race. They should do a version where parents do it with their 1-year-old--I'd be for it!
Cool that Finn's walking. Benjamin doesn't walk yet, that little lazy boy. Something about being the 4th and carried around constantly--guess he doesn't see a need!
Post a Comment