Well the reunion was fun. I really enjoyed the Manti setting. The temple and Uncle Hellmut and Aunt Gerda were a good part of it. It was so great to see and visit and play with the family. I liked the aerial pool pictures (you know jumping in mid-air). John Anderson made it a great fishing experience for Isaiah and Bryan after the reunion. I recall Rick taking me fishing at age 15 not far from there at Joe’s Valley Reservoir. We enjoyed scenic Skyline drive on the return trip. It was much cooler up there. In fact there was snow covering half the road making it almost impassable. Thank you John A., don’t know how we would have made it without you.
I really enjoyed my extended stay with Mom. I found the autobiography of Hellmut on the shelf and began reading, but only got half way through. Will continue next visit. What an inspiration. Marty entertained me with some fine hikes. Thank you Janet for picking us up spontaneously as we decided to hike from Albion Basin to Brighton. The mountain flowers in full bloom, I took many pictures. We felt accomplished as we went to the top of Sunrise (or Sunset) Peak. We caught an afternoon thunder shower at the end. Looking forward to hearing about his Mount Whitney hike.
I enjoyed Aunt Pearl’s 90th birthday party Saturday afternoon and seeing the cousins. I also enjoyed the huge Pioneer Day parade in Salt Lake City that morning.
Mom, Emily and I had a nostalgic visit with Robin.
Enjoyed Rebecca’s visit and Joshua’s surprise in a box (hamster I think).
Emily took me out to dinner to celebrate my accomplishment as a BYU graduate. Thank you to all my family for all the nice and wonderful things you do for me and my family. I love you.
I got to visit Heather’s awesome house and school.
We met up with Marci and Trent at the Bean Museum …sorry we missed you Tom.
Sorry I didn’t get to see everyone I wanted to see…that is why coming to reunions is so great.
Thanks Dorothy for sharing her apricots. I was able to dry them as soon as I got home.
Congrats to Jeff and Jenny in their participation in Hood to Coast.
Glad to have Wendy back in the vicinity.
September is my favorite month. I think school should go through June and not start until the end of September. That will happen when I’m in charge. Of course when I’m in charge, I’ll be in charge of the weather too.
Enjoying edible things from the garden.
Missing James, he moved to Anchorage a month ago.
Hyrum has a full schedule with school, soccer and an economics class from the community college.
Bryan is having a great time in school with classes and friends.
Isaiah is also enjoying his new school and teacher, the husband of last year’s teacher. He’s playing drum in band.
Riley is loving and doing well in kindergarten.
And what more can I say, things are fine, busy.
Love, Priscilla
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment