Dear Family,
Wow, I can’t believe summer is pretty much over already. Our kids have been back in school since August 23rd. Casey is a junior at Brighton High, and is looking forward to the upcoming Homecoming dance on Sept. 25th. He’s going with at least five other guys and their dates, so they have been busy planning ….the basically… all-day date. So far he’s decided not to play lacrosse this year, but is looking forward to a good snowboarding season!
Our other three: Mitch (6th) Alyssa (2nd) and Travis (K) are all going to Canyon View. So, even though we have to commute a bit right now…at least they’re all at the same place. I just wish Kindergarten was all day. It would make our lives a little easier. But, that’s okay, I don’t want to wish him bigger yet. Travis does love school, and has one of our favorite teachers...so he’s in good hands.
We had a great time at our family reunion in Manti, and enjoyed our extended visit with Priscilla, Bryan, and Isaiah over at Mom’s. I also loved going to Aunt Pearl’s 90th birthday party to see long lost Pettey cousins and their families. I didn’t get to stay as long as I wanted to, but added several more relatives to my Facebook friends. I also went to see Robin with Mom and Priscilla ….the following week, and Alyssa hit the jack-pot, coming away with a new Barbie, Barbie car, and apartment! So generous….it was fun to see her again.
Other summer happenings: went to the free family picnic part of my 25 year high school reunion and caught up with Kim Johnson and her family…who I haven’t seen in awhile. I met up with Marty, Janet, Ryan, Cheyney and new baby Sam while they were here in August visiting. We all grabbed Café Rio and went to the park. It was fun getting to know Cheyney …since I hadn’t even met her yet. Mitch attended his first scout camp. It was a week long at Bear Lake…and he did great. John was able to go for one of the nights. Had a week long family reunion with John’s side of the family up in Park City. We spent a day at the Olympic park and rode the zip lines and the alpine slide. My 86y/o mother-in-law even went of the Extreme Zip…..(which I chickened out on) and loved every minute of it. Last weekend we took her up to Midway and stayed there…attending Swiss Days, and the National Sheepdog trials at Soldier Hollow. The kids got to see Lamb Chop and Mally Lewis (the famous ventriloquist’s daughter) perform. Also watched the splash dog competitions, and rode around on the senior shuttle (golf cart) to get to all of the events. I guess it pays to go with a senior citizen J. We did a little fishing and duck feeding at Wasatch State Park. It was really beautiful in the mountains, and the weather was perfect.
Take care family…until next time.
Emily and family
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment