Hello Family,
School has started but I made sure we took two more camping trips before we were done with summer. We went to Brunaue Sand dunes and sled on the sand with intermittent winds that made us feel like we were being rained sand. Yes it was worse than the beach when we got home. We kept Garrett in the car. He loved camping and does well with the lulling Cricket sounds. We also went up near a creek that roared at us all night. So delightful as we burned a campfire because we were finally camping in cool temperatures.
I don’t think I have written since the reunion. Has anyone? I can’t remember things as I am functioning on 5 hours of sleep and that isn’t straight. Between my late night teenager and my baby, this old body is tired. However Mom (Grandma Martha) so kindly reminds me. “Well at least it doesn’t hurt.” I have been talking on the phone with her quite a bit recently. She tells me three tender mercies when I call. If you have been by to visit or call or send a letter, you are listed in the tender mercies. She seems to get rained on by visits and loved by phone calls or she goes through a drought. Anyway, thanks to those of you who live near by and those who do what they can from a far. I hear it in her voice when she has been loved.
Dave has been really busy as a hay farmer this summer. Now whenever the kids say “hey” I say “That’s what Dad sells. Kristen asked me the other day what Dad really does for a job. I explained he designed the subdivision you live in and now he sells Hay. Hopefully, he will again one day, get to design subdivisions.
Rachel is cheering a ton for a school team that is listed #1 in the state for football. That’s fun. It is football season so I consider myself a football widow not a hunting widow. My whole family loves to watch the games so it is really a family affair. I just escape to garage sales or coupon shopping.
Nathan is in the school choir, on the cross country track team and really enjoying his social life. Done with merit badges and now for the Eagle project. At what point should I push him? I guess no driving or cell phone is not enough motivation yet.
Kristen drew a picture of an artichoke; it hangs in our kitchen because we all love to eat them.
Garrett, well he slept last night through the night but he has his second tooth coming and I’m sure a cold around the corner so no hopes for consistent sleep in the future. He is on his knees and anxious to crawl. I predict he walks by 10 mo. He has three teachers that really want him potty trained.
So I am sure there are more stories, but I am too tired to remember. I am planning on October making reservations in Wyoming for next years reunion. Be thinking about it because you will get an e-mail or a phone call so I can get a head count. Who was assigned that job anyway? Dorothy didn’t you take notes? It will be fun but next to two rivers so plan on watching your kids close.
Love to you all. See you on facebook. Well, some of you.
Lucy
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment