Monday, September 13, 2010

Grandma Martha

Hi everyone!

So much has been going on since the last Lingo that I am overwhelmed. Most of you have heard that I have macular degeneration. This has caused me some stress and adjustment of my life style. Especially not being able to see print and numbers and genealogy. I've had the cataract removed from my left eye... but was unable to see... tests were taken and discovery made. I am not able to drive. I'm going through some treatments, three total, a month apart. I've had the first one. Next is Sept. 15. It's supposed to keep the blindness at bay. Well so much for that.

It was good to see many of you at the reunion. I enjoyed visiting with my brother and Gerda. I was able to stay at a motel not far from the reunion site located near the Manti temple. I was grateful for Priscilla who stayed with me two weeks after the diagnosis helping me with eyedrops, etc. and being good company as well as Brian and Isaiah. Lucy came a week end later and helped out. Dorothy has been taking me to the eye clinic. Janet and I went to see Pirates of Penzance at the Hale Theatre. Marty and Janet took me to Brigham High School where a dance program was held including Cloggers America. Ryan and Cheyney and Samuel came for a visit. It was so nice to hold Samuel. I was privileged to be at the blessing at Marty and Janet's. A welcome visit took place when Rick Jr., Misty, Heidie came along with the little ones. Wonderful that Wendy and Justin and family are back in the valley... It was good to have them visit and hear all their good news.

John Anderson came at the first treatment... He knew of Dr. Brockbank, having gone to school with his brother. Grateful to have Emily nearby who often calls to see if I need groceries. Our Relief Society's sisters go to a temple once a month to do iniatories. Iwent with them and got some of ours done.

Always appreciate Rick who is so kind and helpful with finances and things that I need taking care of. My neighbors take me to church now that I don't drive. So when Lucy calls I have plenty tender mercies. Jennifer has been calling me often and we discuss the problems of the world and try to fix them.

I am grateful that there is no pain with the eyes. Things could be worse... and I know it...

Love to all of you, Grandma Martha

No comments: