Hi Lindgrens! Happy January. Hope you're all doing well. We had a nice relaxing Christmas. We missed seeing our families, but from what I hear, there was a huge blizzard going on, so glad not to be traveling at that time.
Our kids are getting redistricted to a new elementary school next year that is much further from our house. We now have morning church at 8:30 a.m. and love it! Last year, we didn't get out of church til 5 p.m., so you can understand what a nice change it is. I'm still primary pianist.
We just got back last night from a fun trip to Disney World. My parents drove me and Jeff and Ryan there back in July 1983 when I was nine years old--we were out there when Grandpa Doelling died. We went to the Epcot center when it first opened. So taking my own family there now brings it full circle. I am surprised how much I remembered about my 1st trip to Epcot. And I didn't fully appreciate my parents taking us on a vacation there until we took our own kids--it's a lot of work and energy!! It's was simply magical.
Benjamin is running all over the play. He's a bit moody with his teething, but can still ham it up quite well. Alexander is still totally obsessed with Christmas lights, and got to see a display at Disney Hollywood Studios of over 5 million lights, so he was thrilled. Elisabeth loves to do art and is Benjamin's personal assistant. She also loves doing multiplication--she didn't get that from me. Emilie loves to organize things and devours Harry Potter books over and over. Emilie also loves doing her doll's hair and is learning to french braid.
By the way, did any of you gamers come upon any new fun games this Christmas? We bought Rat a Tat Cat but weren't overly impressed with it. I'm always looking for new games to try. Our favorites are still Rage, Catan, Scrabble, and Ticket to Ride Europe.
Love, Wendy
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment