Monday, January 12, 2009

Grandma Martha

Dear Family,
I am overwhelmed and awed. I can't believe it's 2009 and we've survived the holidays. It's been a great time and good to be able to visit with some of you. Starting out with Thanksgiving, the Rankins, Gilberts, Andersons, Tomlinsons and Tom Lindgren family helped to make it a good occasion. Angela made some cute cupcake favors in the form of a turkey. Steve and John got the chairs from the ward. John's sister supplied us with two long tables. So we were blessed with a feast... everyone bringing something.

We had a white Christmas and at other days. At Christmas Eve we listened to Kevin play the piano....Alyssa and Mitchell entertained us with song and skit... Dorothy made us soup and the Andersons brought the bowls. Marci and Tom and family brought yummy food too. Instead of the traditional white elephant game, we used the exchanges with the right and left game. During the evening, our neighbors, the Smiths sang carols... that was fun.

Priscilla, Bryan and Isaiah came to be with us at New Year's Eve and a few extra days... During this time, Priscilla went to interview Aunt Pearl and myself as part of her school assignment... which brought on some reminiscing. On New Year's Eve day we all went to the movies and saw Bedtime Stories.... The Andersons and Hanlon cousins had good times... went frolicing in the snow... thanks to Emily... who took them sleigh riding. Rick and Reba joined us for a game of Ticket to Ride. Rebecca came to visit as well. They brought gifts... a cozy wrap around. Received good wishes for the new year via the phone from Trevor, Rick Jr., Ryan, Mike. Enjoyed the greeting cards from the Moss's, Troutmans, Andersons.

Wish to thank you for the gifts.. lots of chocolate... yum. I finished reading Out of the Darkness and Into the light... books from Tom and Marci... also the tote bag which I use as my #1 purse... The cozy blanket from Andersons cover my bed. John brought over a large poinsetta which adds so much to the season. Looking forward to the Hale Theatre in 2009... thanking Marty and Janet. The DVD the Stonecutter is great... Ron Tanner in my ward showed the film at our ward. It has to do with his ancestor. John and Sharron came over and brought The Christmas Box... and a box with an amaryllis in it... which I planted as per instructions. So thanks to all of you for making the holidays special.

Together with Emily, Priscilla, and Jennifer via computer technology we predicted some things for 2009. I'll see if 2009 is as good as 2008, we've got it made.

One of the great new items has been the parishes of Norway online. When I think of the days and hours spent at the library in researching out of these same films... I'm awed... to be able to stay home and search them on the internet is amazing.

At one time we watched the BYU Folkdancers on TV... April was in it but she passed by too quickly... nevertheless it was a great show.

Pearl sent over a basket of fruit via Jesse... Jesse came down the snowy driveway and you guessed it.. got stuck. Had to call John to come to the rescue along with his nephew... HAVE TO have four wheel drive.. like John and Priscilla had.... and Steve.

I'm grateful you are all well and healthy. It's a blessing... and I wish for you a happy New Year... Love you all... Grandma Martha

No comments: