Monday, May 9, 2011

Priscilla

Dear Family,

Heater on in the morning, air conditioner in the afternoon.

On March 26, Jim and I were proxy for the sealing of Grandma Ann and Grandpa Al Lindgren. I felt honored to take the position.

April 23, I spoke at the evening adult session of Stake Conference to a chapel and much of the cultural hall filled. People know who I am now. I wish I knew them as well as they know me.

Isaiah took 2nd place in our pack pinewood derby, therefore qualifying for our district derby where I was one of the officials. I even wore a checkered shirt.

Bryan will be the Crandall Music Award recipient at his junior high promotion and beside the choir’s opening number is the only other musical number at the promotional exercise. He is also planning on some fun stuff for the annual Brownie Choir Social and hopes to perform in the talent show. I was quite surprised at the Spring Concert to see him play three different instruments (piano, drum and French horn). He enjoyed going to State Choir in the valley (Gilbert) and would have gone to State Band, but got sick that weekend. He has also grown several inches since December and sings bass. He is quite social and had a large group of friends over to play night (outdoor) games recently. He has enjoyed being involved in student government in junior high too. His picture hangs on the Eagle wall at the junior high as his Eagle Scout project was to paint one of the classrooms there. He earned his eagle... almost…board of review is scheduled Tuesday. He was honored in a special program with Elder LeSeur of the seventy for 88 young men in the area for earning his eagle in the centennial year of scouting in the USA . At a recent sacrament meeting we shared favorite hymns, (second time we’ve done it in this ward) and Bryan shared Hope of Israel and was invited to accompany the congregation in singing it on the spot, which he did. Okay so this is proud of Bryan month. He is a blessing.

Hyrum is driving, working at McDonald’s, skipping his junior year-he’ll be a senior in the fall, 28 on the ACT both times he took it, will attend summer seminar at the Naval Academy for 5 days in June and then work his hardest
(I hope) to be accepted there.

I enjoy James’ quiet presence. He would really like to go to ASU, has been accepted, but is now trying to figure out how to pay for it. He has re-certified in his life guard training.

Riley survived kindergarten and after a rough start has earned Es (for excellent) in behavior the last quarter.

Sarah graduates from UMASS Amherst May 13th with a bachelor’s in Anthropology (I think). I used my Skymiles and Jim and I will attend. She has spent this last semester in a study abroad program in sustainable living in Jaipur , India . While in the east we hope to visit the Brooklyn Diocese Archives, Cemeteries, and courthouse, digging more of Jim’s roots.

Krista helped me paint my front room during Spring Break. It was great fun. I enjoy her being close. It is tough on the quarter she is on the night shift though.

Stake Primary will keep me busy all summer: June 4 - Webelos Day Hike, June 23 – Stake Primary Leadership Meeting, July 4 – Town of Snowflake Flag Raising , July 23 – 8:00 a. m. children’s races (one hour before the parade starts), Aug 13 – 11-yr-old Day Camp, and Aug 20 – Cub Day Camp. All local tradition (Except the leadership meeting).

Jim is on the planning committee and will attend a tri-ward scout camp first full week in June. He went to Provo to train in the climbing merit badge. Isaiah went for the ride in hopes to see Mitchell. He was not disappointed and in fact hit the jackpot with Emily taking them to Boondocks.

Amazed and pleased that things are going well for Jennifer and Steve’s plan.

Congratulations to April and hope all goes well with the summer wedding.

I want to hear about all the Lindgren appendectomies starting with Colten Lee and going back to…who had the first one?

Love and miss you all.

Priscilla

No comments: