Monday, May 9, 2011

Jennifer

ABF MoversMoving the piano into our rental house in Boise
For Sale
kitchen before and after



Dear Family,

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers!

I skyped with Ammon and Finn -- technology is the next best thing when you can't be together in person. I enjoy my grandchildren SO very much!

Wow, what a few months this has been. Bottom line -- our house went on the market and sold in a week! We got our asking price. It was worth installing new carpet, linoleum, paint, and countertops to make our house appealing and move-in ready. And the timing was great -- our roses were in full bloom and the weather was sunny and in the 70s. We are amazed at how fast it did sell. The couple that bought it were tired of dealing with banks and foreclosures and were ready to buy -- pre-approved and financially stable. We didn't have an open house because they put in an offer the day before. We are happy.

It definitely was a busy couple of months packing and organizing and moving and settling in our rental house in Boise. Well, almost moved, that is me. I'm working until May 31, then I, too, will move. I announced at our Friday's morning firm-wide meeting that our house was on the market and we were to have our first open house this weekend -- then on Monday I came in with cookies in celebration that I sold my house. My co-workers were surprised at the fast sale. So far everything has fallen into place. Our rental is a five-minute walk to Lucy's house. It's awesome that we are in the same neighborhood! How lucky we were to find that place.

So we are ready for this new adventure in our lives...we are looking for a builder and hope to start construction in June. This week also happens to be Boise's Parade of Homes -- so we (Steve) will be able to meet with builders and look at their homes.

This past weekend I participated in RTO (Rebuilding Together Oakland), a volunteer program, (it's actually a nationwide "Rebuilding Together" that was going on all over the country) that my law firm and another firm were involved in, where we painted a house for an elderly woman. (And it just so happened while I was doing that, that my house was being shown to the new buyers, which led to the offer on my house.)

We adopted Ammon and Angela's cats, George and Lenny. Angela was becoming allergic to them. We love them -- Ammon and Angela did a wonderful job raising them from kittens and making them cuddly and loving. They're about 6 years old now.

Looking forward to reading your entries and happenings in your lives.

Love, Jennifer & Steve

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was wondering what was going on with your house and moving to Boise. How exciting! I'll see you more often now. Congrats. Our house took six LONG months to sell and we showed it constantly--it was a relief to finally sell it. Maybe I should have painted an elderly person's house and sold it quicker--it's karma! --Wendy