Dear Family,
As I begin writing this letter, it is 9-9-09. Pretty cool. Hope everyone is well.
Angela was very clever in making the announcement about the sex of their baby. Ammon called me up and told me to go to a local bakery and pick up a cake. The cake was white with green frosting that read “Baby Gilbert Is...” We took the cake home, skyped Ammon (so he and Angela could watch us by video cam) then we cut into the cake), which had pink frosting inside. And you know what that means...pink means girl! We are thrilled that Ammon & Angela will be having a girl! Girls’ clothes are so cute.
I made a train table cover for Finn for his second birthday coming up next month. His birthday theme is trains. He sure loves choo-choos.
Spending a few days in 100 degree weather in an air-conditioned condo in St. George with mom and my sisters was awesome – I feel lucky to have such a great family...we can laugh, share stories and experiences, and give each other support. Thank you all for being there for me. Priscilla made each of us a towel wrap for our hair – it’s used to wrap around your wet hair, without having the weight of a huge towel. Works great – I use mine all the time.
We enjoyed a few days in the mountains at Shaver Lake with Steve’s brother and his wife. We went fishing, but they weren’t biting. Guess that’s why it’s called fishing and not catching. We played Hand & Foot, took walks, and enjoyed having someone else cook. It was a very relaxing few days.
I got a couple of mosquito bites the other day and was looking online for a remedy to stop the itching and found a great one. Put rubbing alcohol on the bite and cover it with a piece of scotch tape. It really works. The itching went away and there was little swelling. So next time you get a mosquito bite, try it.
I feel like we’re in the state of Idaho or Utah -- we had a big thunderstorm – very unusual for the Bay Area. They say it was from Hurricane Linda out in the Pacific.
On Saturday we had our annual office summer party -- everyone thought it was going to be a hot day, but that storm threw everybody off. It was only 65 degrees, but at least it wasn't raining for the party. Good food and lots of visiting with the co-workers and families.
Love, Jennifer & Steve
1 comment:
I have to say that the pink cake, "takes the cake" on the best way to announce the sex of a baby. GREAT idea Angela!
Post a Comment