Monday, September 14, 2009

Ammon




Hello Family!

Summer is now pretty much officially over, though we're experiencing an unusually warm weather pattern which nobody is complaining about. I love fall more than any other time of the year, but an extra week of warmth is always welcomed in my book. Anyway, the summer was fast and furious for us here in Seattle, we kept busy as usual with work, Finn, playdates, work, and even a few minutes of time for ourselves. No huge house projects this year, though we are getting a Tuff Shed installed the day after tomorrow because our house is now officially out of storage room, and we'll need all the room we can get when Baby #2 shows up in January.

Oh yeah, the baby. Angela is still as pregnant as can be, and things are going well. We're officially having a girl, though the arrival date is still uncertain. Could be January, could be December. We simply can't wait to see what happens! We just found a new midwife to help with the delivery of the baby, and we're rockin' the home birth method this time around. We're pretty excited about that, plus we're stoked that we won't have to deal with driving in all the snow to get to the hospital when the time comes.

Let's see here. In July I was in San Diego for the 40th Comic-Con, me and about 120,000 other people. It was crazy fun, and met some pretty cool celebrities like Jeff Bridges, Brandon Routh, Andy Sandbergh, Kevin Sorbo, and even saw Daughtry perform live on stage at a private party. I don't like Daughtry at all, but he was on American Idol and I guess he's pretty popular. So that was pretty cool. I met Chloe and Lana from the show SMALLVILLE in the airport on the way home. Mom came up to stay with Ang & Finn while I was out of town, they had fun doing crafty stuff and hanging out with Finn.

Speaking of Finn, he's doing great! He turns 2 next month, and he's already about 95% potty trained. We started working with him on it a week ago, and he got it down pretty fast. The only issue we're running into is him pulling his pants up and down. That's the hardest part for him right now, which surprised me. Seems like the other parts of the process would be more difficult to control. Who knew?

He still loves trains, and he's talking up a storm more now than ever before. Though I'm pretty sure only Ang and I know what he's saying most the time, and even then, we're not always sure what he's talking about. He's getting clearer with his words though, and starting to put them together in little short sentences. It's a pretty fun to be around, that's for sure.

Other than that, things are just busy as normal. We're throwing Finn a train-themed birthday party next month, and for Halloween he's gonna be a gnome (like the Travelocity gnome). Ang and I are gonna be the main characters from the movie JUNO, which is fitting considering she'll be about 7.5 months pregnant. Can't wait for Halloween--best holiday EVER!!!

That is all.

Love, Ammon, Angela, Finn, Unborn Baby Girl Gilbert, George, Lenny

No comments: