Monday, September 14, 2009

Daniel


Hey there Lingoers,

Well, school is back in full swing, and life is back to the crazy busy way that I like it. The biggest news for me is that after 5+ years, I am not working as a projectionist anymore. It's sad but true, this weekend I worked my last shift in the projection booth and they will be spending the next few days tearing out the old film system, and installing the all new high tech digital system. It's pretty exciting, but that also means, no need for projectionists. After a lot of indecisiveness, I decided to take my boss up on his offer to move downstairs to the admissions desk, and work weekends. A very generous offer since my pay will not be cut down to match the other downstairs employees (shhhh, don't tell them, they might get jealous) but the timing works out perfectly, since school is keeping me busy, and I am at rehearsals almost every night.

School is great. The funny thing is, despite being so close to graduation, I have somehow managed to get one of the funnest, easiest semesters I have ever had. I dread next semester, but as for now my schedule consists of two choir classes, voice lessons, music theory, two ballet classes, guitar class, and a senior art seminar class (which is intended to teach graduating art students how to make a living being an artist). This semester looks more like that of a music or dance major, ha ha ha. But, I am still an Art major. I actually wanted to take another art class or two, but all the classes I needed were at the same times as my choir classes, which I need for my minor. So as for now I am on track to graduating in the spring (and crossing my fingers).

The other thing taking up my time is, as mentioned play practice. I started rehearsing for a production of Jekyll and Hyde in Lehi City, which will be running in Oct. The show is an awesome musical thriller, dark and intense, perfect for Halloween. Which coincidentally is our closing night. I am so excited for this show. Our director is amazing, and very talented, and this is one of the most professional casts I have ever worked with, despite all being amateurs. I am having tons of fun with it, and I am making some really great friends.

Despite my lack of sleep due to late rehearsals and early classes, Life is great. I'm happy, healthy, and busy. Just the way I like it!

I hope everyone is well. Love, Daniel

(the attached picture is my siblings and I at the Gardens at thanksgiving point in Aug.)

No comments: