Monday, March 9, 2009

Grandma Martha

Dear Family,

Welcome Adaline Buhler, Dorothea Tomlinson, Jenna Lindgren to this world. Can you believe?…this makes 61 great grand children for me. ..Two on the way…Who would have thought this in 1945! Congratulations to the mamas and papas.

This is quite a winter we’re having…It’s a puzzle whether to park up on top or below.

Dorothy and I went to the Draper Temple Open House one Friday morning. We went to a ward house first and were shuttled over to the Temple because of lack of parking spaces with so many people attending. We’re told this is the 12th Temple in Utah. That is amazing. Many of you probably went through and admired the artistic work therein.

Heather and I went to Dorothy’s Stake Women’s conference in her area. Bro and Sister Walker were the main speakers…They were released not too long ago as the Salt Lake Temple Presidency. They’ve only been married some five years…as both were widowed before. She is President Hinckley’s oldest daughter. The talk focused mostly on Testimony and Temples…It was great. After a luncheon was served.

I enjoyed visiting with Amy and McKinley as well as Mike & Andrea and Halle for a few hours. It was nice for the Troutmans to drop by and for the telephone visits with Rick Jr. and Ryan. Grateful to Jennifer, Rick, Lucy for their frequent check ups…

For Dr. J Anderson in helping with my hearing...what a blessing to hear. Thanks John. You’re a peach.

With Rick’s help…I have a new bed…feels a little like the Princess and the Pea. After topping it off with a mattress pad and some egg pads.

Doing my daily stuff with extracting and genealogy. Things are calm except when I stir things up in my mind.

I’ve pulled together a descendants chart staring with Dad and I, its pretty much up to date. If any of you would like a copy, let me know, or if you want to wait till Kimberly and Zachary’s babies arrive, it will really be up to date.

Our ward had a Relief Society birthday called Antiques Road Show where each person brought something of their ancestry and told about it. I brought the picture with the quilt scraps I made ages ago and told about the Homestead of the Finucanes in South Dakota. I also brought the original wedding certificate of Gus & Matilda Lindgren. It was a fun evening…Food was brought representing the different countries the ancestors came from. One girl brought red cabbage…it was yummy….

Such was living in the past two months…Looking forward to spring and your news….Love to all, Grandma Martha.

1 comment:

FamiLee said...

Hey Grandma,

I love reading how you write. I need to say things like "You're a peach". So Sweet. I am glad you got a laugh out of my website, I figured that you would. he he.

Please update my sons name on the descendants:

You have: PatRick Garhett Lee

Change to: Garhett PatRick Lee

Thank you! Hugs.