Monday, March 9, 2009

Emily

Hi family,
Well, just when we thought spring was here..... apparently snow is on the way tonight.

We went to church today and were pleasantly surprised to see the Tomlinson family sing for us. That was really a treat.

Parent teacher conferences just finished up, and the kids were able to have Friday off to just play. That was convenient for us because we were able to go to John's nieces sealing to her husband and baby in the Salt Lake Temple. It was followed by a nice luncheon at the Joseph Smith building in a room over looking the temple. It was a really neat day for them, and for us to be a part of it. Her husband's name is Marcus Mailei and he's hoping to be a part of the NFL draft this year. He is an awesome fullback, and a really great guy.

Casey started playing lacrosse this year, and he is on the Brighton Freshman Team. He plays as an attacker/midfielder, and he's really enjoying it. Their first game is next Saturday, and first tournament the following weekend at Jordan High. I hope he's up for it, he's pretty new to the sport, but I guess most of them are. It does look a little brutal though. It's a cross between Football and Hockey, where hitting each other with sticks is ok. It will be interesting to watch.

The kids just finished with about four weeks of swimming lessons. We thought we'd beat the summer crowd. They all did really well, and Travis especially loves the water.

Mitch just participated in the Space Derby at Cub Scouts last week. His rocket looked like a pencil, an idea he got from the internet. The kids were pretty impressed, it was unique.

Alyssa is enjoying Kindergarten and Dance. She found out she has to be a witch in her upcoming recital at Kingsbury Hall in June. She wasn't very happy about that at first, but the dance and music are darling and she's ok with it now.

Travis is enjoying his pre-schools, and getting much better at talking. He really enjoyed giving and getting Valentines this year too.

Well that pretty much sums things up for us. Hope you all are doing well.

Love, Emily

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

It would be fun to watch Casey play lacrosse -- I'm sure it's an action-packed sport. I think Alyssa will make a very cute witch; and I'd like to see Mitch's rocket -- send a picture.

FamiLee said...

What about you? How are you? You would think that we live 1000's of miles away...but no..we just have 1000's of kid things to go to.

Maybe we should get together some time.

I see Casey on facebook. He's funny. I can't believe that baby Travis is in pre-school...all I did was blink.