




Hey everyone!The air is crisp and the leaves are beginning to change colors. We ended up with 8 pumpkins from our garden. Our tomatoes are still green, but I guess the Mormon Pioneers had the same problem because I found a couple recipes from vintage cookbooks for using green tomatoes. I will try them out this week. Fall is my favorite time of year in Utah. It is hard to not love it! I've been on a quick bread making binge! Maybe it's therapy, but I have made over 300 big & little loaves of pumpkin, zucchini, or yellow squash bread. One of the recipes I found is Green Tomato Bread; looking forward to trying it! (I did not get any apples this year, so the pie making record of 56 pies in 21 days still holds). I am also finally "getting" how easy it is to grind your own wheat. Really only takes me a minute, and the oven is warming up anyway. There is NO shortage of bread takers, not to mention that this freezes well.
School started. We finally got a family blog: http://familee8.blogspot.com/. I am the luckiest aunt in the world! I get to watch Misty's baby, her cuteness ZuriAnn Kay, this year a couple times a week. This week we will harvest the rest of our little garden.
Happy Birthday Chris! (21 September). Some things you may or may not know about Chris: He is an avid reader, and loves Louis L' Amour books. He wants to hike the "Big 3" one day. Chris is a great dad, and has no problem taking 6 kids with him anywhere, even grocery shopping! He loves to spend time with all of us, and will sacrifice to spend time with the famiLee... fishing, shooting, bike riding, or to a dollar movie. He is a fabulous husband, making me laugh everyday, sending me text messages to remind me that he cares, and so much more. I Love You babe!
Hope everyone is well & healthy,
Heidie & FamiLee
No comments:
Post a Comment