Hello Family!
This is just a "brief" note because I might not be able to write my usual LONG letter before the deadline. We have been having "issues" with our computer and internet service for the past two months, so I find myself here at the library a lot more often so I can use the internet. Hopefully we'll have the luxury of having our internet at home again real soon.
In July our family went on vacation, beginning with the Tomlinson reunion near Island Park, Idaho, and then finished out the week in Yellowstone, camping at the Norris campground. Late on the night of July 24th, I got out of the car, stepped back and tripped on the log parking barrier, so I caught my fall by landing on my left hand. Long story short: I broke my wrist and wore a cast for 6 1/2 weeks. It was taken off just last Monday and now my wrist and hand are much more sore than all of those 6 weeks because I'm trying to restore my whole range of movement again. Kind of like having sore muscles after exercising muscles that haven't been excerised in a long time.
Last weekend Alan and I went to Mudlake and Monteview, Idaho, for his 40th year high school reunion. It was fun reminiscing as we went to the home and area Alan grew up and the area he went to school. It was also nice seeing people we having seen in ages and being able to visit with them again.
I still have 4 kids at home: Kevin (because he ran out of money and had to come home after living in Provo), Penny (who is working as a CNA at a care center in Sandy and taking the bus to Orem twice a week to attend UVU), Marcus (who takes the bus to Salt Lake Community College every day), and Ariane (who is a sophomore at CHHS).
We are excited about the announcement that we'll be having our 3rd grandchild in February, a new brother or sister for Katherine and David.
We love you and hope all is well. Isn't September a beautiful time of year?
Love, Dorothy
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment