Dear Family,
The past two months have gone by so quickly. Something has to be said for writing in a journal daily so you don't forget where you are and where you've been. Had some nice experiences...I attended a program featuring Alyssa at the U of U in a dance extravaganza. The costumes were elegant and the theme was Aladdin...Thank you for taking me Ma and Pa Anderson. It's been a long time since I attended a rodeo. John and Emily took me to the one in Oakley near Kamas. It's amazing how those cowboys bend their bodies on a horse before they eventually fall off...same with the bulls. The 4th went by speedily. I always enjoy watching the festivities at Washington DC along with fireworks on TV. I was glad not to have been where there were crowds. Our weather has been hot.
Of course the highlight of events was probably the Wedding of Zachariah Lindgren. The reception was held in our Stake House due to the rainy weather. And John worked so hard in his beautiful garden. Lucy brought Rachel down to EFY and spent a little time here. She always leaves some good memories behind. She rearranged some pictures and purchased new frames where she put in all the married grandchildren's pictures. I didn't realize I have 23 married grandchildren. I'm missing a few pictures like Troutmans, Aaron Lindgren, Dahles, Peter Lindgren, Darwin Buhler and would appreciate having them for this nice set up Lucy did while she was here...so please.
Janet, Heather and I went out to lunch at the Green Tomatoe and saw the movie Kit Kitterage (All American Doll). That was a pleasant afternoon. Daily I work with deceased Noreweigans mostly out of Solum in Telemark County. Thanks be to you who help with the work. We're taking a break through the month of July from clogging. In August we have the County Fair and we are on the agenda for the Festival of Trees in December. With Rick, Reba, Heather, Janet I've enjoyed playing Ticket to Ride a few times. (German version...I don't win but its fun.) Our Stake is making Quilts for the Humanitarian work. Heather and I went over and tied quilts...now have bound one. There will be more. Today I'm looking forward to Steve and Jennifer coming for a few days. Looks like a busy time for her when she gets back home this week end.
Looking forward to your letters in the Lingo. I always print out a lingo...good history..so please keep writing. Lots of love to all of you and pray your life is good.....Love Grandma Martha.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Grandma, I am looking forward to picking your plums...if you are up for having me!
I love you!
{Heidie}
Post a Comment